Zanussi Jetsystem will not spin at speed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi as per title really. It will gentle roll back and forth as it used to do before going into full speed spin , but it doesn't ever start the full speed spin. It completes the cycles as it should except this one.

It also seems to be making a graunching noise (almost like a pump labouring). I have double checked that the drain is free and all is OK. Any ideas please ?

Sponsored Links
Posting the model number and PNC will help us to help you.

First thing to check would be for worn motor brushes as you have not given much info.

Sorry Leccy it's a Jetsystem 1600 - model no. FJDR 1666 W.

The machine starts and finishes it's cycle it's just that at the point it should be spinning at say 1200RPM it's doing alternate gentle spins.

OK, so I've now whipped the top off, but there is no rear access panel. Would anyone have any idea where the motor is located ? Do I need to lean it on its side and inspect from underneath ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
This model has a split outer case. Easiest if you take off the rear half of the housing to get at the motor. Power off, lid off, 4 screws out at mid strut (rear), 2 plastic plugs at the lower sides reveal 2 more bolts that need removing. There should be another 3 bolts at the lower back you'll need to take out. Then loosen the plastic half moon where the cable/hose enter (clipped in place). The entire rear half then pulls off giving easy access to all components. It isn't a big job at all :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back