Zanussi Progress 1600 not working on all programmes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all , our Zanussi washing machine only works on certain programmes for the last few days . If we set a boil wash the machine will fill and start but 45 mins in the programme stops as if the delay button had been pressed. We tried skipping through parts of the programme but if it starts again it will stop again after 10 mins . On one occasion it went through the whole programme but stopped 2 minutes from the end . Yesterday it would not do the 60 degree wash , it stopped 20 minutes into the cycle and we had to drain the machine and restart it on a 40 degree wash . I have washed several loads on 40 degree setting without problem . Realised today that i always set the 40 degree spin at 900. The spin on the boil wash is 1600 , and on the 60 degree wash the spin would be 1200 . As it seems to be working well on the 40 degree cycle I am confused about where to start looking for the fault . If anyone has an idea where the problem could be i would be very grateful ?! Apolologies for being so long winded :oops:

Sponsored Links
The electronic's are detecting a fault and thats why it's pausing on the cycle. Need a model number to help further though.

The electronic's are detecting a fault and thats why it's pausing on the cycle. Need a model number to help further though.
Thanks for your quick reply , apologies for forgettting the model number zwf1637w. My husband just cleaned out the hose at the back and tried to wash at 60 degree ,it is still washing now an hour in to the cycle but the timer seems to have stopped counting down .
Update : Timer resumed counting down , wash finished successfully ,Spin was normal . All he did was clean out some fluff found near the drum . Hopefully it will keep working :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back