Zanussi WJS 1397W washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moved house and moved washing machine - unfortunately it looks as though the move has upset our machine and we now find that when we set it to a wash programme, it seems to "stick". We manualy advance the programmer and when it gets to a rinse and spin part of the cycle it works fine. My guess is the thermostat or heater in the machine is faulty (when runnign it thorough, the door glass doesnlt seem to warm, even at 95 degree wash), my problem is I have no idea what they look like in this machine!
Any ideas or suggestions most welcome otherwise I think I will have to call someone out due to the mountain of washing that is quickly building up!

Sponsored Links
You need to take the lid off and split the casing to get access.
Heater looks the same as most washing machines.

I take it that unless I split the case I cant access either of these parts? Looks like I need an engineer as the way the case looks like it will split will mean disconecting 2/3rds of the components etc and knowing my luck I will end up never getting it all back together again!
I take it the two components I am after are down low inside the machine out of sight?

Sponsored Links
Have discovered that the problem lies with the jet pump - it's not running smoothly (impeller has the usual hair and wool stuff wrapped round it). Have tried to clean the pump but it's beyond complete repair although the machine does actually now run a little better but have decided to replace it anyway.
Interestingly, discovered the machine will run quite happily without this jet pump but the difference is it will use some 5+ gallons of water as opposed to say just one gallon or so. Even though we are not water metered it is a bit extravagant to simply ignore this water economising feature hence the £60 or so it will cost to repair is being spent in an effort to "do our bit" for the environment!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back