zanussi tumble dryer TC481W.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had constant leaking from under the dryer so today i have took out the water collection pan and the other removable panel ,these are both free of dust and fluff.Only problem is a small 1inch plastic plug and a 6mm appro O ring(rubber) and a spring has came out of the area where the water collection pan sits/or is housed.
Is there anyway i could get a parts lists from anyway so i could see how and where this part goes.
I have a feeling this plug sits in the back where the pan fits into but how the spring and oring come into the equation has got me beaten.

Help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I have attached the photo of the parts and where they go,but how they go together and sit in the housing is the problem.They go into the hole at the rear where the water tray sits ????

Remove the 2 bolts in the first picture & lift out the whole check valve assembly (it is much easier to put it back together again with it removed). Altogether you should have 2 large o-rings, the check valve body (you already removed) + the parts in your second picture (if you don't then something is missing). If you have all the bits you should be able to figure it out without too much trouble.

Thanks Zipper,

The O ring had been stretched and the plug and spring fell out.Took me a while but figured it out like you said.The spring goes over the top of the plug then that goes into the rear hole,then you put the o ring on after it.It acts like a non return valve once the water collection tray is inserted.

Thanks again.

Neilc

Sponsored Links
If you look at the end of the water tank that interfaces with the valve you just fixed you will see a similar device. Be aware (both) these valves have an annoying tendency to get blocked by fluff & gunge. A symptom of which is that you get a recurring prompt to empty the condensation tank.

Yeah thanks Zipper ,i have managed to get my hand at the rear and pull out god knows how much fluff etc.I am glad it was only this o ring.If it had of been the pump that feeds the water through to this dispenser ,god knows how i would of ever got it off.
Theres no parts manuals available for this machine.Probably too old and makers dont give them out.
If fact i couldnt work out how to get at the left hand side of this machine .lower where this tank and pump is.???

Perhaps I didn't explain this well enough the first time around :rolleyes:
The tank I refer to is the one where condensate water collects (the one you have to empty by hand). This also has a check valve fitted (otherwise the water would gush out as soon as you removed it). There is no pump on your machine...that is why the condensate tank is at the bottom of the dryer & not the top. As the heat exchanger is above the level of the tank a pump is not necessary. Water does what it does best...runs downhill. Gravity replaces a pump on this model. That is why both check valves often get clogged:cool:

Thats good to know then ,its one less part to breakdown.When i first got this problem i went on various sites and saw similar problems with Bosch and mieles .They have a small pump to do this job,this is what i first thought.
Another job cracked thanks to Zipper and others on the site.!!!!

Thanks Zipper,

The O ring had been stretched and the plug and spring fell out.Took me a while but figured it out like you said.The spring goes over the top of the plug then that goes into the rear hole,then you put the o ring on after it.It acts like a non return valve once the water collection tray is inserted.

Thanks again.

Neilc

HI. I have the same prblem now. So, the "white plastic plug" and "spring" do not fit into the "removeable water resevoir"?

Edward.

Can you send us a picture,to remind me.Mine fell off 6 times.You must remember to put a o ring on the plug of the spring will fall off.

Hi Zipper as you seem to be the man in the know. Pls can you post a step by step guide to fixing this problem, as I've just found the Spring and the Valve on the floor and have no idea what to do. But I can't see any seal.

Thanks

I can recall you need a O ring over the top of the spring and to hold it in place.What has probably happened to yours is the O ring has depreciated overs the years and you need to replace this.
I will try and find a photo I posted on year some years back to try and show you how the spring is held.
I am sure I downloaded a parts list which actually shows this put together.!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back