zanussi washing machine zwf12070w1 not working properly

T

titvan

i have cleaned pump have check all the pipes why is my machine not spining but making a noise like when it is on and working accordingly

Sponsored Links
will check those, seems like it just doesn't recognise any programme!

i have cleaned pump have check all the pipes why is my machine not spining but making a noise like when it is on and working accordingly
Is there any chance the machine is in drain mode? If you have checked the filter, and emptied the water from the tube which is located beside the filter itself. You must(according to the instruction manual), refill the drawer with 2 liters of water, and turn on your machine, and set it to your regular wash cycle. It will first go into drain mode for at least 2 minutes, then it start your wash cycle.
I hope this may you with your machines problem.

Sponsored Links
Most common causes of those symptoms if the pump is actually pumping water out are, motor brushes worn, pressure pipe blocked or pressure switch stuck.

If the machine actually does a wash cycle, drains at the relative points and does slow spins at end of each part of the cycle (after rinse before main wash part etc) then I would be more inclined towards the carbon brushes initially.

Most common causes of those symptoms if the pump is actually pumping water out are, motor brushes worn, pressure pipe blocked or pressure switch stuck.

If the machine actually does a wash cycle, drains at the relative points and does slow spins at end of each part of the cycle (after rinse before main wash part etc) then I would be more inclined towards the carbon brushes initially.
Thanks for your reply Leccy758.
Just last week, my girlfriend had a problem with her zanussi washing machine. When she would start her machine, all it would do was stay on the drain mode and stay there. When I looked at the manual it said check the filter, and clean it if necessary, then proceed to fill the drawer with 2 litres of water in order to set the eco valve, then start the machine as if you were to start a wash. Sure enough, it did the job, and is working perfectly well now.
Not everyone consults the manual, when troubles appear, and just thought titvan may have overlooked what you have to do, if you remove the filter,and empty the water from the little hose.
Having said all this, I hope I don't get another telephone call from my girlfriend, telling me her zanussi is giving trouble again. I'd rather look at the filter anytime, than start messing around with motors, pressure switches,valves and brushes!
So far I've been lucky, and I hope it stays that way!
Again, thanks for your reply Leccy758

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back