Zanussi WJS1397W Hot water and program

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently had my Zanussi WJS1397W Washer Drier reconnected. Up until now I've been using the D program (40degC) which was fine. However since the reconnection, the clothes are comming out steaming hot and I can hear that the washer takes hot water from the house hot water tank.

It definitely wasn't the case before. I look through the manual and page 17 they say that for 30-40 degC programmes the water filling is cold and for the 50-60-95degC program it is hot and cold.

Could it simply be that the hot and cold water pipes are inverted? (I cannot check at this time due to the location of the washer).

Could other user of this washer tell if their clothes steam when washed at 40C?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Ok. I had a look at the back of the washer and both inlets are red!!! I mean not the flexi pipes but the actual connectors of the washer. No wonder you can get it right. So I have swapped them over. Lets wait and see.

I have a similar problem: both connections are red! Can you tell me, looking at the rear of the machine, which is hot and which is cold?

Sponsored Links
Mine had too different level of red. The one which had the color "washed" (ie not looking as red as the other one) is the one to connect to the hot water.

I have a similar problem: both connections are red! Can you tell me, looking at the rear of the machine, which is hot and which is cold?

Looking from the back, the cold is on the RHS and hot on the LHS.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back