Zanussi WJS1397W Not spinnning, Brushes are new.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It stopped spining mid cycle, no noise, no sparks.

I have recently replaced brushes, it has been working as it should for 2 months since they were fitted.

Is there a seperate fuse for the main motor it could look for?

Regards

Sg

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have tinkered with the motor brushes to see if they had come loose, they are ok.

I tried the machine and on the spin cycles it rotates three times then stops with no further action, while the drain pump is functioning.

So it appears the problem is not with the motor, but somewhere else?

Help anyone?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What would the effect be if inferior non-original brushes had been fitted?

I requested original brushes, but looking at the connection area with the motor, there appears to be a dark coating of residue?

Would this make the machine faulty as described?

MOD

please see item 10a

Sponsored Links
Does it rotate at all when on wash? I don't think it will be down to inferior quality brushes as the various pattern ones I've tried on these machines have all been reliable. One thing you could check is the tacho magnet. This is a small magnet on the back end of the motor spindle and it can fall off or break up. In most cases though, the symptoms you describe turn out to be due to a faulty timer.

i agree with fido that you should check the tacho magnet. zanussi machines usually have motors made by ce-set or sole. if it is a sole motor then even if the tacho looks intact, you should carefully prise off the clip and the coil. inside you will find the magnet ( it screws into the rear of the armature spindle). these can become loose. i suggest you carefully remove it and then having applied a small amount of debor or evostick, screw it gently in until it seats firmly. replace the coil and clip and try again. sometimes this fault can show up as a sudden violent rotation.
if you have a ce-set motor then ignore the previous advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back