Zanussi ZEBF 250W ice flow / puddles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm posting this as it might help others with this model fridge freezer.

I had a problem with water appearing near the door and ice flow (its meant to be a frost free freezer). This is caused (as I discovered today) by a build up of ice that plugs the drip pan tube from the freezer. This is a simple fix but it wasn't obvious.

1, Turn off the freezer and remove all the draws
2, You'll see the panel at the back of the freezer held in place by 4 philips screws. Undo the screws and remove the panel.
3, The bottom of the section behind the panel had a build up of ice. You need to clear this, carefully! I used hot water to slowly melt it away. As it melts in the centre a hole is slowly revealed. About the size of a 20p. I couldn't even see it at first because of the amount of ice build up.
4, Keep adding hot water until you hear it drain to the drip pan located at the back of the unit. The water in this collection point evaporates in normal operation.
5, I removed all the water as I had flushed so much though to make sure it was clear.
6, Put everything back as was and turn on.

Hopefully this has put an end to the ice flow and puddles of water. I also powered the unit on without putting the back panel of the freezer back. I did this just to check the fan spins up ok, mine did but if not it indicates another problem with the thermostat perhaps.

Sponsored Links
This is quite a common occurance with frost free freezers, normaly showing itself on frost free fridge freezers with the fridge not getting cold

All of the ice needs to be defrosted before switching it back on, if you can remove the covers over the evaporator then all to the better to allow it to defrost and for you to see it defrosted.
If you cant then you need to do a manual defrost for a min of 24 hours untill all signs of water have gone. Take care that it does not overflow the evaporator tray on or near the compressor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back