Zanussi zhq575 not cooking food properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
I have a Zanussi zhq575 which does not cook certain food properly. Pizza is never cooked properly its always raw inside while the outside is cooked fine and brown. Pasta as well never comes out piping hot. I have tried on both top and bottom of the oven and its worse on the bottom. When baking cakes sometimes the cake is raw on the inside. If I leave it in longer then the outside will be burned. Both the oven gets hot and are Fan assisted. Tried with and without Fan but no different.
Baked potatoes seem to be fine, that's about all that cooks properly
Any help will be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
buy an oven thermometer, use it to see if the temp settings on the oven knob are actually being achieved.

from what you describe it sounds like the temp is too high

for example, what temp did you set for your pizza, and how many minutes? Was it from frozen or from chilled? How long did you pre-heat the oven before the indicator light went out?

What sort of oven did you use before?

hi John,

thanks for the swift reply. I will get myself a thermometer.
when cooking we normally follow the recommended heat setting for the recipe or if its frozen what ever is recommended on the box.
we use to have a Bosch but that was 5 years ago. We have had this for 5 years. It started off fine and we had no problems. over the years its gradually become a pain and never feels like the food is cooked properly.

Sponsored Links
For pizza cooking, once it's half way through, cut it in half and turn the halves round 180 deg so the middle edge gets cooked.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back