Zanussi ZWD 1472 W Washing Machine Fault E51

The front fascia panel looks fine with no damage.

I didn't try blow drying the other components for two reasons:

1. The machine is in our warm kitchen (as opposed to cool utility room /garage) so I'm pretty sure any residual moisture would have evaporated
2. The casing of this machine is a nightmare - no simple rear cover to remove, it's a case in two halves, the rear sectionto being the rear and rear part of the two sides which is "clipped together" at a central seam. As far as I can see you have to remove the drum springs and cross plate to be able to get access. I suspect it's one of those jobs that's easy once you know how to do it as it can't really be that difficult.

I haven't been able to find a replacement PCB yet, and doubt that I can repair the one I have as even if I were to sucessfully repair the tracks, I might not identify all the failed components.

In the meantime I've got a s/h Hotpoint WD640, which seems to be working fine, but doesn't have a user cleanable filter.

Thanks for all the help, it really is appreciated. When I get another PCB I'll put it back together and post a further update

Sponsored Links
If you see one in Swindon, Wilts let me know, can collect the whole machine remove the board and post to you. Might increase your chances of getting one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back