Zanussi ZWF10070W won't spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my washing machine ZWF10070W. It fills and drains but won't spin, I think that it may have become unstable at some point and shook the machine. I have had an engineer round before to fix it and quite often he just pushed and held some buttons to reset the programmer and it worked fine. Does anyone know what buttons I need to push to reset the programmer so that it spins again?

I've tried turning the machine off and "re-distributing the laundry" i've taken some of the laundry out and there is not much in there at all.

Hope someone can help

Matt

Sponsored Links
In all likelihood the machine has not been reset in that sense of the word. Most probably the alarms have just been erased from the Eeprom via the service program. Which may (or may not) get your machine to function in the short term (at least until the alarm reoccurs, then you're back to square one again). If the washer doesn't have a display then the alarm codes are manifested via the control led's. Post the machine PNC number (on the door sticker) & we'll see if we can get to the bottom of things. Also state how old the washer is & if possible post a picture of the control panel.

Ok that's great...PNC number is visible on the first photo (914206107/00). To enter service mode turn the machine off at the program selector. Then press & hold in the start button and first button immediately to it's left. While holding these in turn the program selector 1 position to the right (95C). Wait 3-4 seconds then release the buttons. Turn the program selector clockwise to position 10. At this point the start button led should begin to flash...observe the led sequence/colour & report back.

Sponsored Links
E52. The culprit is one of the following: motor fault , break or bad contact in the motor wiring , or pcb trouble. At 2-3 years old the motor brushes shouldn't be too badly worn unless the machine is used a lot....but you must remove & physically check the brushes to make sure. Then check the motor connection plug is tight & the wiring to it isn't chaffed/damaged. If the brushes/motor windings/ & wiring all are good then the fault is likely to be on the pcb itself...remove it & check for damaged components/tracks (note; faults are not always evident to the naked eye).
After locating & rectifying the fault cancel all the alarms in the Eeprom. To do this go into the diagnostics mode again & turn the program selector to the tenth position. This time press & hold the start/pause button & the nearest one to it's left. Hold down for min 5 seconds until the led's stop flashing. Doing this erases all error codes stored in the Eeprom. Good luck :D

I tried looking at the wiring on the motor everything there looks fine I looked at all the contacts. I'm not sure where the brushes are? I removed the pcb to check for water damage and it's clean as a whistle. In fact it's a brand new pcb as we had the machine fixed not long ago. I can only think that it must be the motor but I don't fancy replacing that myself looks like a nightmare. Guess I'll have to chuck the blooming thing. Do they make decent washing machines anymore? My parents had one that last 25 years they all seem to be made of tissue paper now. Appreciate your help. Let me know if you have any other ideas?

The motor is easy to remove....and the brushes even easier to change.
Here's how http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNnqIK8AomM Shame to throw a machine away for a 12 quid pair of brushes. If they look very worn take one into your nearest domestic appliance shop or use this to identify the type & order online http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/advice/washing-machine-repair/zanussi-carbon-brushes.htm Once you have the motor is out you should also check the tacho coil & make sure the shaft magnet isn't loose.

On the same make/model? What symptoms are you experiencing?
Error codes are only a guide & as such can be misleading. Please post make, model, PNC number, & machine symptoms for best response.

Hi the model number is ZWF 10070W.The fault is that it keeps stopping at the end of a cycle and not spinning!!!??

Hi we have the same washing machine as above, same pnc number.

The Error code we are getting upon performing the error code procedure is as follows

4 times red
1 time green

Please could you tell me which error code this relates to?

Many Thanks

Vinny S

Does the door lock when you start a cycle?
If no then the door interlock is shot or there is a wiring issue (a loose connection plug/broken wire to the interlock).
If yes then the fault is likely to be the pcb. Be aware...when a door interlock shorts out it can also damage the pcb.
Door interlocks don't cost much...pcb's do.

Hi Zipper, thanks for your helpful reply.

Yes the door locks every time, so was waiting 3 minutes with the power off for the door to unlock. what error is the 4 red 1 green?

It would happen on a weekend wouldn't it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back