Zanussi ZYB594X Fan Element Not Heating

bmh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Replaced the fan element but it still doesn't heat up. A continuity tester shows that the old element did have continuity.
Rest of the oven works fine, including the thermostatic control of the conventional oven. Seems to be only the fan element which doesn't work.
Took off the back and there was serious scorching of the insulation around the fan element leads. On the power board there is a touch of scorching on the plastic connector on the power lead to the fan element. Plastic by that connector is brittle. A continuity connector shows a continuous link from the connector on the power board to the fan element's neutral connector.
Any suggestions as to what I might do/look at next would be gratefully recieved.

Sponsored Links
Posting the PNC helps us to identify your particular model.

Did you have continuity on the live feed to the element, some ovens have a TOC's fitted (thermal overload protection).

As a wild idea is the timer on auto or manual, if on auto the oven will not work when selected normally.

Do any neons light when you select various settings.

Thanks for the reply. In response to your questions:

The PNC is 949712897.

I have tested for continuity between the power board and the element and there is continuity. There is nothing but a wire between them. Did tentatively try to disconnect the wires from the power board to have a look at what happens at the point of contact (its an OVC1000) but that was how I discovered the plastic on the connector was brittle from the heat, so stopped.

Its not on auto. If I switch the programme to convection it starts up straight away. The thermostat works on this programme.

There aren't any neon lights that I can see. The display is digital and I haven't seen any inside the case.

Thanks again for helping.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back