Zink roofing cost - I thought it was reasonablly priced?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I have permission for a project to build a single story extension. The architect's plans show a 5.5M by 6M extension with a square pyramid 16 sloping roof.

2.7M x 2.7M of the 33.5sqM will be a glass roof lantern and the rest was to be finished in standing seam Rheinzink. The quotes I've had back frighten the life out of me tbh, and if Id had any inclination that it was going to be so expensive I would never have approved the design - his costs must have been way out!

Is anyone able to give me a ballpark finger in the air estimate or suggest how a similar look could be achived more cheaply. The way things are going I will have to can the idea :(

Thoughts gratefully appreciated.

Cheers,
M

Sponsored Links
The best I could do would be around the £6k mark but I'd be interested in what the locals have priced it at.
If you could send me a set of drawings I could give an accurate quote? :D

Sponsored Links
2.7M x 2.7M of the 33.5sqM will be a glass roof lantern and the rest was to be finished in standing seam Rheinzink. The quotes I've had back frighten the life out of me tbh, and if Id had any inclination that it was going to be so expensive I would never have approved the design - his costs must have been way out!
Aye its a shame Zinc is so pricey compared to the other usual suspects. I love Zinc roofs. Or is it rooves? :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back