Zinnser 123 question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I have some internal doors with a super glossy paint on that I'm trying to paint a matt white. I've just put a light coat of Zinnser 123 on them (photo of current state).

For my top coat, I'm wondering if I can use a Dulux white matt emulsion, or if I can get away with another coat of Zinnser as my top coat?

What would you recommend? Thanks!

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 58
Sponsored Links
You don't paint doors with emulsion, and you don't use Zinnser 123 as a paint finish.

If you don't want gloss, try a satin finish for wood.

Hope you sanded the old paint before applying the new, or you risk it peeling off.

Thanks for the help! I think I knew I needed satin wood paint, just wanted to see if I could get away with the emulsion I already have...

I didn't sand the old paint as I thought the Zinnser 123 would give a solid undercoat so I wouldn't have to? That's worked for me in the past...

Sponsored Links
I think matt emulsion on doors would get dirty quickly and not the best paint to keep clean, also not very hard wearing.

But if you're happy, so be it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back