Zinsser bin to seal plaster before tiling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I’ve built a partition wall in an enclosed garage to create a utility. Stuck a sink etc in there and want to tile the splashback. See photo below.

One wall behind the sink is newly plastered (month or so ago) with a mist coat of emulsion, and other two walls were plastered last year and have been painted with emulsion.

Question is can I use Zinsser bin (which I have a tin of) as a primer / sealer before tiling?

Also, I presume I’ll need to score the two painted walls then seal to give the tile adhesive something to grab on to other than paint?

Cheers!
3821D3BA-D83C-4FA2-AC7A-212EF7773969.jpeg

Sponsored Links
You've already changed the high suction background plaster to low suction with emulsion, so just tile straight onto the wall.

Plus, your wooden bearer under the worktop. The front edge that you can see, i would have measured 10mm down on it's face and mitred back at 45 degrees so it looks visually better.

Thanks for the reply, I’ll just tile straight onto the wall then! Would you score the painted sides or is it not necessary?

As for the wooden batten - I’m not finished with it yet ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back