Zion and the Art of Armageddon

The ICJ ordered Israel not to continue attacking Rafah...

Which Israel did minutes later after that ruling...

Israel is a rogue state and should be hit with similar sanctions as those imposed on North Korea, Iran and Russia...

Not to do so is a criminal neglect of international law!
Boring

Sponsored Links
So, basically the ICJ has ordered Israel to surrender and abandon their own people being held as hostages by Hamas.

What do I think Israel will do next?, I think Israel tell the UN to ***k right off and mind their own business, I'd like to think a large part of the international community will give Israel their backing in this, they can't afford not to, it might be them next.

The terrorists are running the UN now, leave 'em to it.

So, basically the ICJ has ordered Israel to surrender and abandon their own people being held as hostages by Hamas.

What do I think Israel will do next?, I think Israel tell the UN to ***k right off and mind their own business, I'd like to think a large part of the international community will give Israel their backing in this, they can't afford not to, it might be them next.

The terrorists are running the UN now, leave 'em to it.
You are the type of idiot/apologist that will tip the world over the edge and into the abyss...

But hey, you probably don't care because you are too stupid to care or understand the problem!

Sponsored Links
The ICJ ordered Israel not to continue attacking Rafah...

Which Israel did minutes later after that ruling...

Israel is a rogue state and should be hit with similar sanctions as those imposed on North Korea, Iran and Russia...

Not to do so is a criminal neglect of international law!
Hmm you seem to have missed out the bit ;)

They also ordered that hamas release all hostages with out pre conditions

You are the type of idiot/apologist that will tip the world over the edge and into the abyss...

But hey, you probably don't care because you are too stupid to care or understand the problem!

You're the type of idiot/apologist that would happily see the world taken over by terror groups because you are too stupid to understand the problem.

Relax lads it's all ok, game on still.

The IDF intends to push on with its military operation in Rafah to defeat Hamas, Minister-without-portfolio Benny Gantz told US Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Friday, after the International Court of Justice’s demand that it halt any campaign in that area to destroy the Palestinian people.

“The State of Israel is committed to continue fighting to return its hostages and promise the security of its citizens - wherever and whenever necessary - including in Rafah,” Gantz said in a statement he issued late Friday after the ICJ ruling.

Gantz is both a former Defense Minister and IDF Chief-of-Staff and is a member of Israel’s small war cabinet. Both in his statement to the public and in his conversation with Blinken he stressed the importance of continuing the campaign to defeat Hamas and to ensure the return of the remaining 125 hostages kidnapped on October 7 and held in Gaza.

The National Security Council and the Foreign Ministry also stressed Israel's intention to continue with its Rafah operation, noting that the military campaign was designed to target Hamas, not Palestinian civilians.

It noted that the order issued by the ICJ, in which it stated that Israel must “halt its military offensive and any other actions in the Rafah Governate, which may inflict on the Palestinian group in Gaza conditions of life that could bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part.”

The Israeli declaration said that the IDF has not and will not carry out military activity in the Rafah area that would destroy the Palestinian people, and was in compliance with international law.

“Israel will continue its efforts to allow humanitarian aid to enter the Gaza Strip and act, in accordance with the law, to reduce as much as possible the damage to the civilian population in the Gaza Strip,” the declaration stated.

t noted that the order issued by the ICJ, in which it stated that Israel must “halt its military offensive and any other actions in the Rafah Governate, which may inflict on the Palestinian group in Gaza conditions of life that could bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part.”
Not entirely correct. Cease operations correct but also any other actions that will or could .........etc. And get the S corridors open.

Next thing will probably be to try and get a security council resolution to enforce it. That will be extremely interesting.

Slightly preperpared excuse to ignore the judgement - they have been swayed by public opinion. A theory expressed by a few.

Not really John, same old same old, UK/USA veto vs Russia/China veto.

And then Russia/China will struct S.Africa or another African country to being a further action.

I think it's time to stop funding the UN, it serves no purpose to civilised countries.

Not really John, same old same old, UK/USA veto vs Russia/China veto.
Some are signed up to the use of the court. One definitely isn't. I doubt if C or R would veto it or abstain.
Abstain if signed up to it?

Last time a court made noises about US wars Trump put an embargo on the president. Biden removed it. Some senator are saying embargo the entire court function this time.

A pundit made an interesting comment about the US. The time they took to join in with the actions concerning apartheid in SA, They have a lot if inertia. Since Trump they seem to have become more volatile. Public reactions appear to be the main driver. The Jewish vote is seen as important. The subject has cropped up before.

As I said interesting. Effectiveness - pass.

And then Russia/China will struct S.Africa or another African country to being a further action.

I think it's time to stop funding the UN, it serves no purpose to civilised countries.

Nigella hows it been feasting on blood?

GOXkvkWXAAEKjD7

"those who burn books will in the end burn people,"
Heinrich Heine.​

In my case bad actors includes all in the security council that have veto power. Reason simple - preventing what they now and have said before - the need for a 2 state solution. Also what the veto is generally used for. Self interest.

The UN itself. A mutual protection society with additions via the rules that mean members will be more inclined to settle disputes diplomatically rather than having a war. LOL.

The ICC and ICJ are separate entities with no power to enforce. They are not really UN entities. Their purpose is to enforce the laws. Certain UN officials look at the same aspect and report. They don't have any enforcement either. The laws are effectively several conventions that countries have signed up to agreeing to work within their scope.

The weapons used. Sometimes we hear of ones used that are banned. Fact only if a country agrees to do that and in practice a number of countries don't. You can include the veto lot in that. They may attach limitations but in all cases use is purely a military decision at the time of use.

The only style of enforcement really is the security council. Their only power really is embargoes. Peace keepers might be but as multinational command would have to be given to someone. Then body bags crop up.

Last edited:
Officially it's a threshold thing. For instance one of the ideas about the airdrops is one meal a day will sustain people but that doesn't mean it's good for general health. The early effects show up in the young and aspects such as breast milk. It can also effect development problems in the young. That one can be fixed if the right stuff is available at the right time.
Taken too far and we have seen the results in various media reports in places such as Africa. Again mostly the young. The UN view is totally avoid things getting to this stage, They have specific name for the stage where thing start getting like that. We have heard them even from the US. So even they press for more aid getting in. A secondary effect is the need for a balanced diet. Poor diets have all sorts of secondary effects on general health as does too little food.

Sponsored Links
Back