zone alarm even when omitted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've read Breezer's replies about alarm faults. I'll do all the checks suggested on 2 October but just wanted to see if there is an obvious answer first. I've had the same zone alarm triggered recently, even when it was omitted when setting the alarm. Could it still be a faulty sensor if omitted (or wire damage/mice)? I imagined it wouldn't trigger in this case.

Sponsored Links
if a cct goes into alarm when omited, it is not omited.

some panels you have to programme it as "omit permit"

when omited ccts do not go off, BUT the tamper can, is it alarm or tamper that is going off

Wow that was a quick reply!! Thanks.
It was a zone alarm not tamper.
It's an Accenta 6 and I've had it in use for years with the occasional blip due to a flat battery or over-sensitive sensor.
I've just checked the omit prevent zones using the engineer code and there don't seem to be any. I was surprised it triggered with the zone omitted. Would this happen with a dodgy wire?
Thanks
Jonquil

doubtful.

since when a device is operated it goes open which is what the panel is looking for.

other thing is you may be omiting the wrong one. i.e
you omit zone 3 becuse its the kitchen, but in fact zone 3 is the lounge

Sponsored Links
doubtful.

since when a device is operated it goes open which is what the panel is looking for.

other thing is you may be omiting the wrong one. i.e
you omit zone 3 becuse its the kitchen, but in fact zone 3 is the lounge

I omitted the one that had caused the alarm - though I wasn't sure then which room it was. I suppose it's just possible that I didn't omit the one I thought I had though I don't think so. I'm worried about upsetting the neighbours to try again!! Can I omit all zones except that one and stay in the house to check?

if your battery is 5 years old change it, batteries tend to drag things down when old, but most panels will give a warning first.

as for can you omit everything else, it depends if you can omit it or not, and how your system sets, if it is final door, you will have to open and close it to set, if its timed then just sit tight.

you could also set your alarm with one cct omited and violate each cct in turn, one should not go off, since you have omited it, but dont do it now, you really will upset the neighbours

wont cause a cct omited to activate though, low batteries tend to drag everything down, starting with what ever is on the longest cable run

wont cause a cct omited to activate though, low batteries tend to drag everything down, starting with what ever is on the longest cable run

you`ve almost thought it all the way through, keep on going

Logical female? I'll enjoy the compliment!

I'll do a violation test during the day at the weekend - and get back to you if it doesn't work!!

Thanks.
:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back