zone alarm even when omitted

go on then, problem is I`m always on call so it will have to be a Starbucks

Sponsored Links
I'd better hurry up and change the battery then! Can I do it myself and do I need to turn off the power? :confused:

Sponsored Links
OK. Are they standard batteries for alarms or should I get into the attic to check exactly what sort I have? Sorry, this is beginning to sound a bit pathetic! :confused:

if you don't know then ask, as you have done.

they are all rechargeable but come in a variety of capacities

you should replace it for the same size you have already.

it will have something on it like

12v 7Ah

oh what colour is it? (no, its not a joke)

Whoops I've just set off the alarm - tamper this time. I started to open the box marked Accenta6 (the other box just says power and fault). I assumed that it where the battery is. Could I just turn off the alarm as it triggers and carry on? I'm a bit nervous now as it's quite late for my elderly neighbours.

you need an engineers code, but by now you (hopefuly) have eneterd your number which will silence it

are you now saying you have another box?

Yes I've silenced it. I also know the engineers code. There are 2 boxes side by side, one marked Accenta, the other plain with just a light for power and another light (unlit) for fault. Both boxes have fuses. All the alarm wiring goes into the Accenta box. Perhaps I should get hold of the guy who fitted it? It seems like giving up though.

no the other one is a power supply.

can you see what it connects to?

seems a bit odd to install a powersupply for a small system

Yes they are definitely attached. The plain box leads to the consumer unit. I'm just trying to work out how to send a photo ....

I've emailed an image and asked DIYNOT to upload it for me. Do you mind if I come back at the weekend?
Thanks for all your help so far.
J

jonks dont wait for admin, see the section "forum information", its usualy quicker

I've got details of both batteries now and will get new ones next week.
In the meantime, I will check for spiders.

Can I safely vacuum inside the PIRs without turning off the mains?
Will this trigger the tamper?
If so, can I enter the engineers code to prevent this?
How do I check the voltage inside the PIRs?
Is this OK with power on? Which contacts do I check?

Sorry, I know I'm asking a lot.
Loads of thanks

:confused: :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back