Zone on CH timer won't quit unless other zones are off too.

W

wulbert64

Hi,
I've noticed a problem with the timer for my central heating controls. I have three zones, 1,2 & 3 on my timer. Zone 1 is my UFH circuit, 2 is upstairs rads, 3 is hot water.
The problem is with Zone 1.
When zone 1 reaches the end of a timed period it switches off and the lights on the wall thermostats and the timer "zone 1" LED go off as per normal. However if either zone 1 or 2 are still active when zone 1 reaches the end of a timed period something strange happens. What happens is that the red LED for zone 1 on the timer panel goes off as it should however the lights on the thermostats for zone 1 stay lit. A look at the UFH manifold confirms that water is, indeed, still circulating to zone 1 even though the control panel indicates it is off. Can anyone explain what could cause this and how to cure it?
Any help appreciated because this will cost me a fortune in gas if the UFH continues to run after it is supposed to go off.

Here's some more info about my CH system:
Timer: Horstman, Channel Plus XL (3 zones or channels)
Boiler: Ideal Mexico, gas, floorstanding, condensing, 36kw
Tank: Ariston, mains pressure, twin coil, 200litre
We have UFH downstairs, on zone1, upstairs rads on zone 2 and domestic HW on zone 3.
I'm not sure how it is all connected but the system was installed in 2007.

Sponsored Links
Impatient b*gg*r!

I was about to write a reply when I read the second post; don't think I will bother now. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back