Zone valve not closing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a series of taco E075C2-1 zone valves and one of them appears to stay open even when the system is not calling for heat. The motorized valve appears to work fine when the thermostat calls for heat and no heat. However, the radiators never completely cool down. And the temperature in the zone continues to rise slowly. I touched the supply pipe to the zone and it is very hot. The return is warm. The pump is not running. Therefore, the control system seems to be working just fine, its just that the valve is not completely closed.

The taco valve is said to be "smart", in that it has a sensor and knows how much to turn the valve to open and close it.

I've concluded that either the motorized valve is not sensing the close position correctly or the actual ball valve is not fully seated in the closed position. My question is, which is more likely to fail and should I replace first? Also, how do I tell if the ball valve is in the closed position?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the valve is letting by that is a good Indication that the valve isn't seated properly. It could have some system debris lodged in it not allowing it to seat properly.

That's what I was thinking. Guess I'll just replace it and see if it fixes the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back