zoned helpppp-zone valve actuator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The system is 5 y.o. this is the hot water part I think. the boiler is downstairs.
see pic this zone v.a is clicking ...I have the central heating on. when just the water it stops.

I am at my wits end female with family and now no central heating its 'freezing'
cant get a plumber at the moment
CAN I STILL USE THE C.H. OR WILL IT RUIN MY SYSTEM

any suggestions and MAKE IT A BETTER NEW YEAR.........please [net]113439/7188_82776114.jpg[/net]

Sponsored Links
I expect that you can use the system as far as it will work.

There may be a lever on the side of the motor valve.

Latching that may give you HW and CH.

Tony

sounds like its the rachet in the actuator jumping the teeth when the motor go's to operate the valve.

Sponsored Links
I expect that you can use the system as far as it will work.

There may be a lever on the side of the motor valve.

Latching that may give you HW and CH.

Tony
If I latch it to leave it open will it have to be

the left or the right position----thank you so much for your quick response
I know this help will mean you deserve a good new year tonight

Mo

sounds like its the rachet in the actuator jumping the teeth when the motor go's to operate the valve.

IF I WAS TO PIN THE LEVER BACK WHICH WAY WOULD IT NEED TO BE.
FOR EX. IS IT OPEN IF THE LEVER IS TO THE LEFT?

thasnks for such a quick response...just want some heat on until I can get it seen too professionally

thanks and a very happy new year 2u
Mo

it will only go one way if the valve is closed the lever will have resistance on it.
push it across and it will clip in to stay there.

it will only go one way if the valve is closed the lever will have resistance on it.

I have just posted a picture for you and it is the black lever at the top that slowly moves from right to left.
When it gets to the left it springs back with a big noise

I think its marvelous that you are helping..it shows there are some good samaritans out there...at least one

Maureen

thats it push it right across and it should clip in holding it there.

as you push it across push it in aswell.

have noticed on the RHS of the unit there is a very small lever and it is in the A position as the lever moves across the top of the unit the lever on the side moves from A to B

If I were to tie the lever on the top in one place would it be to the left or the right.
I can fix it with elastic bands to stay in place and the lever on the RHS will be in the A position

Just want to make sure that the valve is open...dont want to do damage but just want to be warm

thanks wish I knew your name but thanks anyway for wanting to help me.
Mo

it should clip in no reason why not can be fiddley.

if you tie it across the valve will never shut when heating satisfied.

no need for string etc do as seco has said when the lever gets to the end push it down it will then move back slightly then lock in

matt[/u]

have now done as you have suggested.
THE LEVER IS IN THE LEFT POSITION AND THE LEVER ON THE SIDE REGISTERS B AND ITS STAYED IN PLACE!!!!!!!!
I noticed THAT THE BAR pressure HAS INCREASED FROM 1.5 TO 2.5 WHILST I HAVE BEEN MESSING WILL KEEP MY EYE ON IT.
DO YOU THINK I NEED TO GET SOMEONE TO INSPECT IT FOR ME? I VALUE YOUR OPINION. PITY YOU ARE NOT IN SOMERSET.
:D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back