Zoning my house

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi everyone if u can help me I be glad. My systems that heat the house I can ask for hot water I have a bad set up because when I ask for water it heats the water and four rads leaving one rad without heat and it heat the water. when I put on ch/hw I heat the whole house but I can heat upstairs on its own and downstairs. But there a few faults with that as there two pumps and a valve one pump is wried back to boiler that heats the water and four rads the others pump is wired to a switch long with the value both on the same line as pump goes on heats one rad downstairs and I turn on the other switch heats upstairs so I need turn on the pump to send some pressure upstairs so does make sense. So I want to put a valve at the tank that the boiler that send the water to heat the tank and back the return to the boiler. Take a look at the set up I took a picture

Attachments

• IMG_20210309_185958_379.jpg
    IMG_20210309_185958_379.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 73
Sponsored Links
Hi everyone if u can help me I be glad. My systems that heat the house I can ask for hot water I have a bad set up because when I ask for water it heats the water and four rads leaving one rad without heat and it heat the water.

when I put on ch/hw I heat the whole house but I can heat upstairs on its own and downstairs

But there a few faults with that as there two pumps and a valve , one pump is wried back to boiler that heats the water and four rads,

the others pump is wired to a switch long with the value both on the same line as pump goes on heats one rad downstairs and I turn on the other switch heats upstairs so I need turn on the pump to send some pressure upstairs so does make sense.

So I want to put a valve at the tank that the boiler that send the water to heat the tank and back the return to the boiler. Take a look at the set up I took a picture

Can you post a pic of the wiring centre ?

I can turn the heating on at the boiler or have a timer set at the boiler there I direct wire to the boiler from the pump or the right side then I guess there a switch wire going but to a junction box that goes into a two way switch that switch on the pump on the left and to the hyson valve box.

This house was also a mess when I bought it, and I paid out for some plumbing alterations and some did control alterations my self.

However it took me some time to work out what I had, I do wonder who installed it, as it was really silly. I also had two pumps, it seems who every plumbed it thought you could select pump to select zone, in my case flat under house, and main house, but that did not work, when one pump ran it would circulate water in other system in reverse direction. So I had zone valves fitted, however each zone valve only has one micro switch, and you want one micro switch to turn on the pump and one to turn on boiler, so also needs a relay.

The result gets complex, and so I had to make a wiring diagram to work out the truth table, so the first question is if there is an easy way?

So the easy way may be use of programmable TRV heads, but need a by-pass valve or a by-pass radiator, however it may be the easy way out, but to be frank I tried to read what you have said, and sorry can't really work out what you are saying.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply sorry u can't make sense of what I am saying. My boiler has a hw switch and I can't heat the water without heating some of my radiators downstairs I have five of them downstairs and when I turn the hot water switch on it heats four off them. That's runs off my pump that's the lowest. If I want the last radiator on I turn on the other pump. Aslo I have a valve that I can turn off and on and that's heats upstairs. So i want to zone it all so I don't need to heat water all the time or four radiators. I think I can get where all the pipes meets up as there is stud wall in my toilet for no reason and the hot water tank is above it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back