Zotec 210 graphics card

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone got one of these in their PC ?

I just bought one 2nd hand as part of a upgrade bundle on ebay.

I've looked at reviews and they range from crap to very good for the card.

My PC work is mainly 3D CAD work so it'll be adequate surely?

Is it worth taking the heat sink off and applying fresh compound prior to installation ?

Sponsored Links
I think you been had.

It scores 184 on benchmarks http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=GeForce+210

I've just upgraded my card, the *old* one was a 5 year old 9800 gt that scores 700+.

your card *was* good for what it is, a silent graphics card, good enough to play HD and old games, hence it will get good reviews upon that criteria. These days it won't be much better than the on board graphics cards on new motherboards, utter junk.

Whether it is any good for 3D CAD, really depends upon how detailed your models are, suck it and see.

Christ, you got me looking at fleabay. Some people are selling 9800gt's for up to £50, and Geforce 210s for £20, what a *$&££$% con.

I'd happily sell mine for a tenner, which is what I think it is worth, but I can't be effed with fleabay.

Thanks AronSearle

The card, as I mentioned, was part of a bundle

motherboard
ram
cpu + heat sink
graphics card

Once I ascertained that the motherboard was a Gigabyte 64bit and supported 16GB of ram, the ram supplied being 4GB in total, I jumped straight in and bought it and asked question later. For me, if all works when I get it installed, the bundle was a good buy.

Is the heat sink worth re-seating with fresh compound ?

Thanks AronSearle

The card, as I mentioned, was part of a bundle

motherboard
ram
cpu + heat sink
graphics card

Once I ascertained that the motherboard was a Gigabyte 64bit and supported 16GB of ram, the ram supplied being 4GB in total, I jumped straight in and bought it and asked question later. For me, if all works when I get it installed, the bundle was a good buy.

I am nosy.

Tell me what the parts are.

Also what PSU wattage you have, in your last hardware thread you asked about 230w, which may not be enough with a dedicated card, and some older dual core processors (as some of them are energy hungry).

Is the heat sink worth re-seating with fresh compound ?

No point, it's not worth thinking about over-clocking that card. And that would be the only reason to muck about with a GPU heat-sink.

Sponsored Links
Here's what I bought

Gigabyte GA M720-US3
Athlon x2 7750
4gb ddr2 (pc6400)
PCIe video card (1GB Zotec 210)

What do you think?

The PC in question is not the one in the other post you've read.

This one has a 550W PSU

Well 550w will more than enough, depending on how many extras you have, you need less than 300w.

Not a bad rig for second hand, how much was it?

The graphics card though is barely better than the on-board chip, I find it an odd paring, though it has a HDMI port, maybe the original user wanted it for that.

Again however, whether it is any good for CAD really depends upon the complexity of your drawings.

£35, inc P&P

To be honest, I'd have bought it even if the card hadn't been included since the M/Board support 16GB RAM.

I can always do updates on the card and CPU at a later date when prices drop.

All is installed and working although working with 32bit XP, the PC is limited to 3GB of the 2 x 2GB installed.

Sponsored Links
Back