some like it hot..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
especially me....

my boilers broken down and the man can't come to look at it until tomorrow... :cry:

and its blowing a gale by the seaside :rolleyes:

suggestions on how to keep me warm please.....

Sponsored Links
I've not had any heating on since last January. Don't be such a sissy.

Sponsored Links
especially me....

my boilers broken down and the man can't come to look at it until tomorrow... :cry:

and its blowing a gale by the seaside :rolleyes:

suggestions on how to keep me warm please.....

i cant believe you dont have a couple of gas guys numbers in your moby for such emergencies :oops:

i think its the electrics as opposed to the gas coz the water bit works ...plus its under warranty so i have to wait for the proper man to come.....my hands appear to be tied :rolleyes:

i think its the electrics as opposed to the gas coz the water bit works
You mean, hot water comes out of the taps?

does the room stat on the wall click when you adjust it up and down?

does the programmer look correct for "heating on" e.g. little red light on or something?

i think its the electrics as opposed to the gas coz the water bit works
You mean, hot water comes out of the taps?

does the room stat on the wall click when you adjust it up and down?

does the programmer look correct for "heating on" e.g. little red light on or something?

hot water comes out of the taps....the room stat doesnt click...or have its little light on....the programmer light comes on..but doesnt click.

Serious for a mo'.
Do you have a switch on the front of the boiler allowing you to manually turn the heating on as well as having it timed?
It may be a round switch or like mine a little slide switch. When its set to manual I just press a different push switch and I control when it comes on/goes off.
Bit late in the day I know but worth a look.

Diane2 said:
apparently....i have a problem with my 3 way valve

The valve rests in the hot water only position and it needs power from the programmer, through the room stat, to make it move. Look for a little lever on the side of the valve. It should be sticking out through a slot. This is a mechanical override lever, normally used only when filling the system, but you can use it to get some heat into your radiators. :idea: :idea: :idea:

Pull it carefully across the slot - you might hear some cogs turning inside the valve - and drop it into the little notch to stop it from running back. (It's spring loaded.) If there's no notch, find some other way of holding it in place.

Boiler water will now reach your radiators, though only when your hot water needs heating. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: To make sure your hot water does need heating, don't just leave taps running. :eek: :eek: :eek: Get hold of as many containers as you can - preferably with lids - and fill them with hot water. Put these in strategic locations and you'll get the heat from them too. :D :D :D

aww....thanks guys, but i daren't touch it, its under warranty, its only been in since March and the man is def coming tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Back