Vaillant eco tec pro 28 - tapping noise!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a new Vaillant eco tec pro 28 boiler fitted.

It works perfectly, but when the CH is on, the boiler has an inconsistant tapping noise, mainly around 65 degees, more at 75 - 80 degrees, and still does it when the thermostat kicks in and its cooling down. In fact its noisiet at between 65 and 60 degrees when its cooling down. It will tap 2 or 3 times a minute, sometimes more hwen cooling.

Its not a massive problem but its frustrating and quite loud. A pal thinks it may be condensation dripping back down the flue and hitting hot parts in the boiler. Had a look in the flue when its running and water is collecting in the mouth of the flue but does drip out eventually.The plumbing firm who installed it do not seem to know what it is and say they have never heard it before, so something is not right?

Any help appreciated! Thank you

Sponsored Links
Debris from the system in the main HE perhaps? :confused:

The system was power flushed but the flush was only in the system for about 2 1/2 hours. The previous system was sealed and the installer said the water was not that dirty. Apart from debris could the flue be causing it? I'm not a plumber and have not got a clue and I'm not sure how I should be handling this with the guys who installed it. Its been in for 4 weeks. Any guidenace wpuld be great

Sponsored Links
could be a heat leak in combustion chamber or burner cracked.
get vailiant out,safety issue.turn off appliamce

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back