on-suite, smallest workable space

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick question, what would people say is the smallest that an on suite bathroom should occupy so that its useable and not just a cramped room? i.e minimum room dimensions, minimus room dimensions for what peoplewould consider a useable on-suite? also any space saving suggestions?

Andy

Sponsored Links
1.8m x 2.2m.

probably.:cool:

whatever floats your boat.

:idea: corner loos can save space. :idea:

I've been in secondary shower/toilet rooms that you could fit on an 8x4 sheet of plywood.

Just put in an en suite that measure 2.4m x 1.5m internally. A large shower unit goes across one end, the other end has a concealed cistern toilet and basin unit, the doorway is midway between the two end walls.

It's considerably larger than some en suites I've seen but it's the smallest I'd go to. A large mirror across one wall stops it feeling at all claustrophobic and there is a good amount of floorspace to move about.

Sponsored Links
Ditto Delinquent above,

I built our ensuite at 2.5m by 1.3. Plenty big enough, with a 1200 x 700 shower on one side and a WC / basin on the other.

Probably could go smaller, but you need somewhere to waggle you w***y.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back