Hayter Condor clutch cable.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a clutch cable for a Hayter condor circa 1985-90 ish.
Does anybody have any ideas where I'll get it?

Sponsored Links
I'll make one if I have to but I'd like to try to get a new one first.

There shouldn't be any problem getting these from any good dealer, really...is there a Lloyds branch near you?
Failing that, I use Gustharts 01670 789701 all the time - and they do mail order. You'll need model and chassis numbers, obviously.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I don't know of a Lloyds round about here. I tried the local place but, all I could get was their answer machine so I gave up on them after a while. I'll give Gustharts a call and see how I get on. Thanks for your reply.

Just an update on the clutch cable.
Gustharts took a while to get back to me but were quite helpful.
They could get me a cable for £30 but, couldn't gaurantee it would be the right one. So, I ended up making one after all.

I used to have a roll of cable but couldn't find it. So, I had an old handle from a Challenge mower which still had the cables on it. I took the longest cable off it, looked at the ends and decided that one end would be suitable for the job so, I cut it at the other end. That meant I only had one end to make.
It's as good as new :D

Nice one mate ;)
I've noticed that many new cables these days have nipples that are actually moulded from solder, which is interesting when you heat them up to remove them :eek:
I've had quite a bit of success using internals from choc blocks and cable connectors when cobbling cables together.
There's a bike shop in Newcastle that sells raw lengths of cable, but I reckon he's Dick Turpin in disguise....over £10 for a metre length of inner and outer.
John :)

When I heated the original cable to remove it, the nipple was made from lead/solder and just melted.
Somewhere' I have a roll of inner cable and I'm quite sure it's only worth about 10p/meter.
I have another mower with the dead man handle cable (does that make sense?) jointed with electrical connector block, it works a treat too.

I found my long lost roll of inner cable today. Better late than never, I'm sure I'll need it again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back