sport widow

Sponsored Links
oh... thats my answer then.(to be politically correct, Ill extend it to any sport widowers???
Hubby watching sport as I type...
yawn yawn

toffee said:
any one else in the club?

No but im a soap widower...every time that c*ap is on and I try to speak I get 'shoooshed' by my mrs and two daughters all sitting there glued to the inane tripe.

my wife gave me two boys, so hopefully no soaps and we can leave the toilet seat up in our house too! always remember, toffee, women are from venus men are from mars.

Sponsored Links
toffee said:
oh... thats my answer then.(to be politically correct, Ill extend it to any sport widowers???
Hubby watching sport as I type...
yawn yawn

ive got 3 football matches to watch on sunday :LOL: :LOL: theres 2 on saturday but i aint got prem plus :( :(

Toffee, I'm a tv widow full stop :rolleyes:

He gets in from work, scoffs his dinner in front of the tv, usually watching soaps - if I chat to my youngest I get the death stares and huffs. THEN, in the commercial breaks he puts teletext on to check the results. As soon as his wonderful soaps have finished he puts Sky sports on and that's it.

A conversation once in a while would be nice, though I suspect he'll use up his talking allowance for the next month when he goes out for a curry with his mates tonight :rolleyes: :cry:

He phoned me last night as he left work (I suspect to check that his dinner was almost ready), noticed my voice was a bit flat and asked what was up. I said "Oh I'm just feeling a bit fed up that's all". "OK" says he "be home in a minute". He gets in, fusses the dogs, chats to youngest and then disappears upstairs. Comes down, goes through the usual routine with food and tv and then pipes up "Going out tomorrow for a curry" I say "You or we" thinking he might be taking me out to cheer me up. He replies "Me with the lads from work, someone's leaving" end of conversation. TV goes up in volume and that's it for another night.

He wonders why I am fed up!

Brightness said:

He gets in from work, scoffs his dinner in front of the tv, usually watching soaps - if I chat to my youngest I get the death stares and huffs. THEN, in the commercial breaks he puts teletext on to check the results. As soon as his wonderful soaps have finished he puts Sky sports on and that's it.

A conversation once in a while would be nice, though I suspect he'll use up his talking allowance for the next month when he goes out for a curry with his mates tonight :rolleyes: :cry:

He phoned me last night as he left work (I suspect to check that his dinner was almost ready), noticed my voice was a bit flat and asked what was up. I said "Oh I'm just feeling a bit fed up that's all". "OK" says he "be home in a minute". He gets in, fusses the dogs, chats to youngest and then disappears upstairs. Comes down, goes through the usual routine with food and tv and then pipes up "Going out tomorrow for a curry" I say "You or we" thinking he might be taking me out to cheer me up. He replies "Me with the lads from work, someone's leaving" end of conversation. TV goes up in volume and that's it for another night.

mmm brightey, ever thought of changing for a younger considerate model

Shall I pack his stuff in cases and boxes or just plain old bin bags?

Thing is, he's more than likely expecting me to be his bl**dy taxi service tonight too - drop him into town and then pick him up at 1am with a load of his drunken mates - yuk!

Brightness, I can relate to that as well, and when he gets in he takes control of the remote, even if I pop to the loo, bang the remote has gone over to his side, and I dont get a look in.

Weekends are the worst, he will potter about, watch the fecking cookery programs etc, but never cooks, when it hits 12 noon and if there is footie match in the pub, off he is gone, and the same sunday, it doesnt have to be footie either.
No matter what job he is doing, he will give a big sigh, as though he has done enormous feats, down whatever tools of the job, and say I am off.
He goes to the pub every night after work, which I dont mind as such as he is only gone an hour or so, but its the weekends that pi55es me off.

As for somone saying get a younger model, I DID, but he is turning out like my older model was, :LOL: so its time for plan B, as I only take so much, so now the gloves are coming off. :evil:

Brightness said:

To me this seems to show a great lack of respect for your feelings. I would not treat anyone like this and if someone treated me like this then I would sort it out. I think you should talk to him about it and if that doesn't work then maybe try counselling.
One woman I knew got treated like a doormat by the family and so told them she was going away to visit a friend for a few days and they would have to sort themselves out. They didn't believe her so off she went. When she came back the house was a complete mess so she told them that they made all the mess and if they didn't sort it out pdq she was off for a walking weekend the next day. I think things improved a lot once they all realised the amount of work that needed to be done around the house and that she refused to be taken for granted.

Get some tradesman in to give you quotes on imaginary projects, Throw some slap on, put a sparkle in your eye and see his reaction..............

Well, I think my indifferent reaction worked. He is staying in and if he dares to go to sleep in front of the tv tonight then he's for it :evil:

skybluescooby, he trusts me implicitly where other blokes are concerned - he knows I'd rather get another dog LOL

Sponsored Links
Back