Naked Sunbather

Noodlz wrote.
I did not edit my original post.
I am not a mod.
Paulbrown, you are a pedantic hypocrite.

If I had made a mistake in my post I would have re-edited it, but then we would all see that it had been edited and I would have admitted I'd made a mistake.

I will ignore the boring pedantic hypocrite part, you say it with such boring monotony that I assume you have a limited vocabulary.

I will also ignore your ceaseless insults and put them down to your obvious ignorance.

I will now give a suggestion of what I suspect happened, but wonder whether you would ever admit it, should I be right.

I read your post then copied it for my reply, you also read the same post when it came on the board(like we all do) you then decided to amend same and came up with the new version. Because I was typing much more than you(I am slow at typing) you beat me with your reply, hence there was nothing saying you had amended your post. I posted but didn't notice you had since changed yours.

Is that what really happened? I believe the comments are your original and your amended version, are you too dishonest to admit the truth?
----------------------------------------------

I admit I am not the best on computers but can you explain how this works?
Even if you would have quoted the entire text, a couple of clicks of the mouse in the wrong places could have had this effect(think about it as a possibility)even if not intentional or noticed. We've all done it when editing documents
How exactly do you alter what is written with a mouse?

ADMIN. I AM UTTERLY CONFIDENT I HAVE NOT TOLD LIES, ALTERED OR MISREPRESENTED THIS PERSONS POSTS IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER.

DO YOU KEEP RECORDS OF EXACTLY WHO WROTE WHAT AND WHEN?

Sponsored Links
Just a thought, but do either of you use a laptop with one of those touchpad things instead of a mouse - From the BAS view of the two different quotes, it looks like one of these playing up, causing an inadvertent select, drag and drop of a lump of text.

Indeed - I hadn't thought about the touchpad possibility - that makes it an even more realistic possibility, particularly if you use a mouse as well, and one of your thumbs hits the touchpad as you are typing.

The difference between the two versions:

PaulBrown, to be honest, I don't agree with your politics (or at least those views you leave some of us the impression you have), but with everyone I think the start is to have some sort of communication to break down barriers so that we can at least see the other person's point of view.

PaulBrownviews you leave some of us the impression you have), , to be honest, I don't agree with your politics (or at least those but with everyone I think the start is to have some sort of communication to break down barriers so that we can at least see the other person's point of view.

is exactly the sort of thing that can be done just with a mouse and/or touchpad, without an explicit CTRL-X/CTRL-V, or right-click context menu selections etc.

PB - that is why I asked if you were sure you hadn't done it inadvertently - I wasn't suggesting you were lying!

And as for the capital letters/name thing - FFS get a life.

Yeah. Just as an observer here, but I would say that the difference in the texts is such that it looks like one of those things you can just put down to 'computers' rather than any grand conspiracy to cause friction. If that were the case, I'm sure the conspirator would have added a line like '...and you're a big smellyhead' rather than just alter the word order to make it nonsensical.

I've noticed that sometimes when I edit things it puts a record at the bottom of the post, and sometimes it doesn't. Doesn't seem to be any rules that fit when it does and when it doesn't though, so the lack of an 'edited' message doesn't prove anything either.

You may have your differences on various issues, but I think you need to kiss and make up on this one.

Come on - Group Hug (Clothes Optional).......

Sponsored Links
johnny_t said:
I've noticed that sometimes when I edit things it puts a record at the bottom of the post, and sometimes it doesn't. Doesn't seem to be any rules that fit when it does and when it doesn't though, so the lack of an 'edited' message doesn't prove anything either.
AFAIK there is one simple rule, which always fits, and that is if there have been no subsequent posts then you can edit without the "last edited" line bing added. As soon as there has been a later reply, you can't.

ban-all-sheds said:
johnny_t said:
AFAIK there is one simple rule, which always fits, and that is if there have been no subsequent posts then you can edit without the "last edited" line bing added. As soon as there has been a later reply, you can't.

Yep - That works. Most of the times I edit, its normally straight away when I read something back and it makes no sense, hence the lack of editing thing.

paulbrown said:
Noodlz wrote.
I did not edit my original post.
I am not a mod.
Paulbrown, you are a pedantic hypocrite.

If I had made a mistake in my post I would have re-edited it, but then we would all see that it had been edited and I would have admitted I'd made a mistake.

I will ignore the boring pedantic hypocrite part, you say it with such boring monotony that I assume you have a limited vocabulary.

I will also ignore your ceaseless insults and put them down to your obvious ignorance.

I will now give a suggestion of what I suspect happened, but wonder whether you would ever admit it, should I be right.

I read your post then copied it for my reply, you also read the same post when it came on the board(like we all do) you then decided to amend same and came up with the new version. Because I was typing much more than you(I am slow at typing) you beat me with your reply, hence there was nothing saying you had amended your post. I posted but didn't notice you had since changed yours.

Is that what really happened? I believe the comments are your original and your amended version, are you too dishonest to admit the truth?
----------------------------------------------

I admit I am not the best on computers but can you explain how this works?
Even if you would have quoted the entire text, a couple of clicks of the mouse in the wrong places could have had this effect(think about it as a possibility)even if not intentional or noticed. We've all done it when editing documents
How exactly do you alter what is written with a mouse?

ADMIN. I AM UTTERLY CONFIDENT I HAVE NOT TOLD LIES, ALTERED OR MISREPRESENTED THIS PERSONS POSTS IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER.

DO YOU KEEP RECORDS OF EXACTLY WHO WROTE WHAT AND WHEN?

From having looked at all the evidence and from what everybody's said, I can only conclude that you, paulbrown, must be right and I must be in the wrong here.

I did question myself whether I had edited the original post but don't honestly remember doing so and then thought it would show that I had edited it, but as Johnny_t and BAS have pointed out it would not show that it has been edited if it had been changed, as you have rightly said, before another post is added.

In addition, Julie actually seeing the post as you quoted and the fact that this sort of thing has happened to me before with the mouse when editing documents, I guess there's little other conclusion to draw. I do not think I can blame mods for this either as I did also think I might have altered it originally. This must be the case, but for the life of me, I still can't remember doing so (will go to doctors tomorrow to check for Alzheimers...if I remember!).

Yes, it was petty and small-minded of me to descend to name-calling and for that I unreservedly apologise. I hope you accept that and we can move on from here. I did post some comments that were meant to be tongue in cheek, but maybe they didn't come across as such and with our previous history I can see why you wouldn't think anything I say to you wouldn't be anything other than meant as an insult.

So, it looks like its me, not you, eating not just a slice of humble pie, but the whole cake.

So, once again, paulbrown, sorry :oops:

noodlz wrote.
So, once again, paulbrown, sorry
Ok then fair enough your explanation is accepted lets all move on now.
----------------------------------------------------------

BAS wrote.

PB - that is why I asked if you were sure you hadn't done it inadvertently - I wasn't suggesting you were lying!

BAS I can assure you that at no time did I think any such thing, none of your comment even remotely came across that way.

Yes, let's get back to finding a suitable punishment for the daughter of Satan Himself................. lol

Sponsored Links
Back