Advice on Intergas HRE 28/24 not firing heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I cannot get my intergas 28/24 to fire up the heating. Direct hot water works fine (taps etc) but I haven't got the heating to fire even once since it was fitted.

Background:
My project home was a derelict home 2 years ago, I am slowly renovating it to a good standard in my own time, while living in it.

The heating system was fitted 6 months ago by a gas safe engineer. I requested this specific boiler due to its reputation of reliability, but he was hesitant to fit it due to having never seen one before.

The engineer fitted the boiler and system so it would run the DHW, but left the thermostat for me to fit as I wanted to fit the 'Honeywell Evohome' system, which I have. (BDR91 reciever)

I wired the evohome to the boiler as per the instructions I found on this site.

//www.diynot.com/diy/threads/intergas-36-30-combi-honeywell-cm927.371972/

The problem

everything is working on the thermostat front (as far as I can tell).

I have tried everything I can think of including all settings in the manual etc. The engineer who fitted it all wont answer the phone or messages. I opened the black tap linking the 2 pipes (in the image below), and this was probably a mistake?? no idea! water poured out of the overflow when I did, so Ive probably emptied the system or something....god, I dont know!:whistle:

Any advice on what I should try would be very much appreciated!

I could be that I just need to open one of the taps in the photo..
Or buy a £20 thermostat and fit that just to eliminate the thermostat as the point of fault?

On the plus side

I have a log burner in the living room, and winter isnt too cold yet!:)

Merry Christmas all! (y)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If the heating wasn't connected and he didn't disable the pump in the boiler software then it is possible you have goosed the pump.

What is the display of the boiler reading?

Do you have a green light on the BDR?

Hello!

BDR has green light on solid. Flashing red light (on 3 seconds, off 3 seconds) The receiver unit looses connection once every few days, but I assume this wouldn't be a factor.

Boiler reads the time on the display. No fault codes or anything. I can turn the DHW on and off, and change the target temps etc. fingers crossed I haven't stuffed it!

what did I do by opening the black valve on the flexible pipe?

Sponsored Links
Well the Evohome relay isn't bound correctly (should not be red LEDs), but if the green LED is on, it is calling for heat. To rule it out, link the wires from a and b together.

As Dan says, if you have dry run the pump for a few months, it will be finito.

It never made a sound of starting up ect when I wired in the thermostat. I listened carefully.

How am I going to know?

I should have asked more questions before I installed!
It is what It is now I suppose.:cry:

Press the button with the clock on it until the boiler says C-ON instead of the time.

Then bind the Evo unit properly. If there is a green light on the relay and it is wired to the boiler correctly then the boiler will fire.

As Simon wrote, you need to get rid of the flashing red light to get the Evo to work.

The black valve on the flexi is the filling loop. The blue handle on the ri8ght needs to be in the correct position too.

Always helps to read the manual :rolleyes:

Im going to ask some thick questions here, but whats the correct position for the blue handle? Am re-binding system now...

Evohome rebound. BDR91 has sold green light.

If I turn the black valve on the end, Im not going to screw anything I haven't already screwed? lol.:whistle:

Boiler says c-on.

no numbers in the 'spanner' window or anything. no sound of firing or any effect yet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back