COMIC RELIEF - DISGRACEFUL

I

ImayKnow

They are going on about bonking, even before its 8pm. I have young kids watching, and have had to turn it off. I will not be donating any money this year.

Wait for the fall out to happen .......

Sponsored Links
Thats all they ever seem to do in Africa, bonkin! earlier in the day the gave the figure for how many millions have been raised since red nose began 25yrs ago, i think they quoted £66million, where has it gone? the problem is probably worst now than it was back then because we have been giving aid so now there are even more mouths to feed.

Recently, due to the inclimate weather conditions, we have seen our crops fail in the U.K. If this should happen more often and we have difficulty feeding ourselves, who is going to step in and feed all the millions of extra mouths that we are responsible for bringing into the world? All we are doing is increasing and prolonging the suffering.

Instead of handing them out food like it's going out of fashion, why not only feed those that have the snip, women and men?

It's bipolar television. Laugh at this joke,,, cry at this starving kid,,, laugh at this joke,, cry at this dying kid...........

Sponsored Links
Thats all they ever seem to do in Africa, bonkin! earlier in the day the gave the figure for how many millions have been raised since red nose began 25yrs ago, i think they quoted £66million, where has it gone? the problem is probably worst now than it was back then because we have been giving aid so now there are even more mouths to feed.

Recently, due to the inclimate weather conditions, we have seen our crops fail in the U.K. If this should happen more often and we have difficulty feeding ourselves, who is going to step in and feed all the millions of extra mouths that we are responsible for bringing into the world? All we are doing is increasing and prolonging the suffering.

Instead of handing them out food like it's going out of fashion, why not only feed those that have the snip, women and men?

You explained that very well, Pred. I agree completely. What I can't understand is that presumably intelligent people cannot see the long term damage they are doing. All they seem to understand is that they are saving a few lives in the short term. So long as the people of these poor, third-world countries continue to procreate as if babies are going out of fashion, the worse things will get. The rulers of these countries have but one option: do what the Chinese are doing and limit families to one child each.

Thats all they ever seem to do in Africa, bonkin!

This is something about which I would have agreed with many years ago, in my ignorance, until I heard Tony Robinson give a different perspective.

I will have to praphrase but I’m sure Tony will forgive, if not endorse, what I’m about to say...

‘We’ sit in our warm and comfy chairs in front of our TV or Sony Playstation. We drive our cars to the cinema or a mall, (shopping centre), and expect to be able to buy all we want, (not what we always need), without a second thought for those who crave for things we all in ‘The West’ take for granted... Like food, water and health care – and so very much more!!!

So then, if YOU were living in such a dreadful, unimaginable and extreme austere situation, where there is so very little to do, and what little pleasure and comfort and love you can derive from such a dia situation, which YOU are privileged not to EVER have to contemplate – what would you do and what comfort and love would you try to derive from such a desperate and sad situation?

(You hypocrite???)

Canna see Tony Robinson procreating though Big Tone. I don't think he's that way inclined. ;) ;) ;)

Canna see Tony Robinson procreating though Big Tone. I don't think he's that way inclined. ;) ;) ;)
I see the ribbing John, but I was actually making a serious point.

I sometimes wonder if a serious point or discussion has ever been made on this Board... :rolleyes:

I see the ribbing John, but I was actually making a serious point.

I sometimes wonder if a serious point or discussion has ever been made on this Board... :rolleyes:

Only ever been one serious thread on here Tone, but admin removed it. ;) ;)

good post big tone
people here think not having things like sky sports or a holiday is poverty :cry:

Well why doesn't the mult-millionaire stop preaching and give his fortune away? Then he can preach. Until then he can STFU.

They are going on about bonking, even before its 8pm. I have young kids watching, and have had to turn it off. I will not be donating any money this year.

That's a poxy excuse for not wanting to donate money to charity.

It's a complex problem to tackle but I think some basic infrastructure that might make it possible to utilise those people as a cheap source of labour (not because I want them to be enslaved for the benefit of the west but because I it's the only path to wealth that I know works). That's what's set China on the course to prosperity and my understanding is that it will do the same when countries in Africa start to be able to undercut China. I think.

Sponsored Links
Back