Daftest Comment of the Day Award.

From Oxford University Dictionary:
Hop
[no object, with adverbial of direction] (Of a person) move by jumping on one foot: he hopped along beside her
More example sentences Synonyms
1.1 (Of a bird or other animal) move by jumping with two or all feet at once: a blackbird was hopping around in the sun
More example sentences
1.2 Spring or leap a short distance with one jump: he hopped down from the rock

Wikipedia is fine, but for the best definitions I'd go for the oldest university in the English-speaking world.

Excellent definition. So you're now telling me that the sack races that you were organising were not for people, but for birds or other animals. :LOL: :LOL:

Why not accept your faux pas gracefully?
When you accused me of deriding you, I was happy to apologise and emphasise the light-hearted aspect of my post.
You should have accepted that. But instead you've continued to make yourself look silly.

I think you missed something. Please see definition 1.2

(Apology accepted.)

Sponsored Links
This is becoming pedantically tedious and boring now. After this last comment on the subject, I'm out!
You replaced my suggestion of high jump or long jump (one jump!) with hopping, with both feet together.
Also, the main definition is "one foot"!
You're scrabbling at feeble excuses for your mistake.

You'll appreciate that in a sack race, running, walking, high jump or long jump is not acceptable as a singular discipline. Because a sack race falls in a grey area between running, walking and jumping.

So a sack race lies somewhere between running, walking and jumping. At the risk of sounding stupid yet again, I always thought of a sack race as being more like hopping, but on both feet together.

Sponsored Links
Back