Daftest statement of - the week, the year, ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you hate someone, you are free to tell them.

In fact, you are free to hate anyone you like in this country.(y)

In fact you are free to commit any crime you like. You might not be free for long afterwards though.

Sponsored Links
If people feel the need to analyse the most recent Equality legislation, in order to see what they can 'get away with', I would suggest that they should be a little more introspective.
It is not the same as analysing legislation to see if you are committing tax evasion versus tax avoidance.

For clarity, or for those that do feel the need to analyse the legislation there are several pieces of legislation to consider:
Equality legislation 2010 deals with the treatment of minorities.
The much amended Public Order Act 1986 (2006 Race and Religious Hatred) ( 2006 Criminal Justice and Immigration) (2006 Terrorism) (2003 Communications) deals with harassment and incitement.

So basically despite the much misused expression of the "thought police", anyone is free to feel and think whatever emotion they can imagine.
It is only when that malignant emotion is displayed through actions will it potentially become an offence. Think: how can the emotion be proven?

Similarly, anyone can think about robbery, murder, etc. It is only when those thoughts are transmitted to actions (including planning, preparation, incitement, etc.) that an offence may be committed.

Sponsored Links
Dunno. Ask RAC, Rogercon or Hawk. They can hate people without even knowing them.
Can add a few names to that from here,hard to tell who is who..i think they all have an alias.Is JohnD,Ellal and Mr Sheds one person,for instance?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can add a few names to that from here,hard to tell who is who..i think they all have an alias.Is JohnD,Ellal and Mr Sheds one person,for instance?
You just can't bear the thought that there might be many people who are opposed to what you stand for, can you.

Like it or not, the term "racism" has been around long enough for people to know that it does not necessarily mean prejudice/dislike/fear/hatred of another "race".
Ban-all-Sheds

I suppose therefore, arachnophobia does not necessarily mean dislike/fear/hatred of spiders.
You really are obsessed with trying to make the word "racist" unusable, aren't you, whilst at the same time refusing to suggest a viable alternative.

I wonder what your motive for that might be?

Did you see who you picked up a 'like' from?

You really are obsessed with trying to make the word "racist" unusable, aren't you,
No, don't be ridiculous.

I want to make it solely usable for racism - the clue is in the word.

Your way could itself be accused of being racist by intentionally reducing the seriousness of the word by using it willy nilly for any kind of minor discrimitaion or abuse (being rude to the French) thus intentionally reducing the perceived seriousness of racism itself.

No, don't be ridiculous.

I want to make it solely usable for racism - the clue is in the word.

Your way could itself be accused of being racist by intentionally reducing the seriousness of the word by using it willy nilly for any kind of minor discrimitaion or abuse (being rude to the French) thus intentionally reducing the perceived seriousness of racism itself.

I think you first need to define race and then you can define racism from there.

When does minor discrimination or minor abuse become serious?
Does it depend on the ethnicity of the victim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back