English calais idiots

Hmmm, strange reaction in a GD thread.. Hey ho.

Anyway, yes, I can see why the kids love the old one. Cars back then had character, not like the boring same old of today's cars. I presume that's why the Fiat 500 has done so well? Something a bit different.
Wanted a 60's TR4 as a kid (although everyone told me they were a bad model) and nearly bought one in my 20's but had to be sensible on finances and not being able to get it done up. Regret!! :)
Steady on with the Thanks there Blighty.... Himaginn and the fool formerly known as Bolo will be phoning the "Thanks" police... Worst thing is, I don't have a suitable Youtube clip for that..
And the more they go on about it, the I (and others I daresay) will use the thanks button in abundance. Quite right too tbh, whining about a thanks feature on a DIY forum, which has no bearing on life outside forum world is a strange thing indeed...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

Anyway, yes, I can see why the kids love the old one. Cars back then had character, not like the boring same old of today's cars.
Wanted a TR4 as a kid (although everyone told me they were a bad model) and nearly bought one in my 20's but had to be sensible on finances and not being able to get it done up. Regret!! :)

And the more they go on about it, the I (and others I daresay) will use the thanks button in abundance. Quite right too tbh, whining about a thanks feature on a DIY forum, which has no bearing on life outside forum world is a strange thing indeed...
I never really bothered much about the TR4 but I lusted after, first a TR6 and then a Triumph Stag but had to settle for a Dolomite Sprint, so not too bad and there began my mechanical education..

Anyway, yes, I can see why the kids love the old one. Cars back then had character, not like the boring same old of today's cars. I presume that's why the Fiat 500 has done so well? Something a bit different.
Wanted a 60's TR4 as a kid (although everyone told me they were a bad model) and nearly bought one in my 20's but had to be sensible on finances and not being able to get it done up. Regret!! :)

I regularly give loads of Thanks because I know it annoys him

I never really bothered much about the TR4 but I lusted after, first a TR6 and then a Triumph Stag but had to settle for a Dolomite Sprint, so not too bad and there began my mechanical education..
Yeah, everyone back then said the TR4 was naff and the TR6 was a great car. Oh well!
Sprint, ooh, nice car, lucky you! My brov lives right by a Triumph car garage and it's just great to see em all lined up.

I recently missed out on an old school friends, dads Reliant Scimitar SE6 that he had from new, he let it go for next to nowt

I regularly give loads of Thanks because I know it annoys him
I had noticed!! :)
I recently missed out on an old school friends, dads Reliant Scimitar SE6 that he had from new, he let it go for next to nowt
Bugger! Did he look after it well as had from new?
Don't fancy a Robin then?! Saw one of those the other day, amazed there are still some out there.
My dad had an old classic car, fiat 2300s coupe. Sold it recently but that was a nice old beast, had it for over 40 years. Was sad to see it go but can understand that old cars really are a labour of love.

7036334.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had noticed!! :)

Bugger! Did he look after it well as had from new?
Don't fancy a Robin then?! Saw one of those the other day, amazed there are still some out there.
My dad had an old classic car, fiat 500s coupe. Sold it this year but that was a nice old beast, had it for over 40 years. Was sad to see it go but can understand that old cars really are a labour of love.
He loved that Scimitar but the maintenance was getting a bit much for him and it had a full four Wolfrace alloy wheels and a Ford 3 litre V6

se6.JPG

I pinced this pic from the net, his was burgundy with a broad cream stripe down the side

Smashing looking car! He must've been gutted, when you've had a car that long it becomes a member of the family :)
When we were younger we nick named it the "Sports Hearse" His Mrs clipped the brick gate post once, it almost ended in Divorce and did lead to the death of the gate post

My father loved his Triumphs he had 4 Triumph Vitesses

a 1600 & 3 X 2 litre

He than had the Triumph 2000 estate
the 2000 estate was a rare motor and a really nice car to sit in, the six cylinder engine was soooo sweet and lead to my love of straight sixes... Was the 1600 a six too?

My brother in law had a Triumph 2000 and then later bought a Triumph 2500S

Sponsored Links
Back