Goodbye Jeremy

Sponsored Links
He also thinks he can buy a piece of land on the IOM and try and block a public footpath.

Idiot.

If he wanted total privacy, why did the bumbling oaf buy land with a right of way through it?

Anyone who behaves in an arrogant manner, like this 'gentleman', simply shows themselves up for what they are.

As far as I am concerned, the sort of person who deserves the greatest respect are those who are able to keep quiet about their skills and abilities and behave in a polite, and even reserved, way.

It is a similar situation to those pretentious self-important individuals, compared to others of much higher social standing who feel no need to make a song and dance about it!

Sponsored Links
Anyone who behaves in an arrogant manner, like this 'gentleman', simply shows themselves up for what they are.

As far as I am concerned, the sort of person who deserves the greatest respect are those who are able to keep quiet about their skills and abilities and behave in a polite, and even reserved, way.
Exactly the sort of person that popular television abhors.

The BBC had no choice.

Ahh the same choice that kept Jimmy Savile in lucrative employment for years. The BBC choose carefully what to brush under the carpet, don't they. ;) ;)

Yup

But they knew they could get away with it (and they did). Saville would never get away with what he did in the internet/twitter/face-book age, you no longer need to get the media on your side which the victims feared they could not do, you just face-book it.

The misses worries about paying things and getting in trouble, if I was single I would not pay the fee out of protest.

Maybe we can now have William Woollard back, and TG can revert back to a programme about cars and be suitable for adult viewers.

Or is it that modern cars are so dull and predictable that driving them sideways with smoking tyres or exploding caravans is the only way to keep people's attention?

We're lucky that Ant & Dec work for ITV.

Maybe we can now have William Woollard back, and TG can revert back to a programme about cars and be suitable for adult viewers.

Or is it that modern cars are so dull and predictable that driving them sideways with smoking tyres or exploding caravans is the only way to keep people's attention?

We're lucky that Ant & Dec work for ITV.

Over my lifetime, I have witnessed television (and much else, for that matter) suffer from 'dumbing down', perhaps most so over the past couple of decades.

That, of course, is a product of our changing society.

I'm sure that younger people have no problems with this, but some of us older ones yearn for the days when such things were more mentally challenging! (And, yes, there are still some intellectual programmes to be viewed, thankfully.)

TV is made to attract viewers and lots of them watched Top Gear.

Fifth Gear was made more as a standard car test programme and look how relatively few people watched that.

Clearly the public want tyre smoking and sideways "dull" cars and not an in depth review of the latest Peugeot rep-mobiles boot capacity.

Perhaps, should May and Hammond choose not to renew their contracts, the BBC could try and continue Top Gear with a blind person, someone in a wheelchair and, of course a misandronist lesbian, one of whom should be black and one muslim, plus of course, to appease the green lobby, none of them shall be able to drive. They will obviously be free to make as many jokes and remarks about white English people as they like so it should be hilarious - or...

...three of their local reporters, picked at random, most of whom seem to have difficulty speaking properly. They would of course have to have their hands tied to their sides to avoid injury to the audience.

Can we start a petition to ban Eastenders on the grounds that it is offensive - to the intellect.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sounds like most of you are very pleased. The BBC luvvies are probably having a strategic meeting right now in Beeb towers with their recruitment template out on the desk; Ahhh yes, what we need is one black one - tick! one brown one - tick! and one white women one - in her sixties - tick! We can do features on cars that do the most miles per gallon and reviews of proper cars like the Renault Megane. Perfect.

I imagine many who work on the show are shocked. I bet the Stig is speechless.

Perhaps, should May and Hammond choose not to renew their contracts, the BBC could try and continue Top Gear with a blind person, someone in a wheelchair and, of course a misandronist lesbian, one of whom should be black and one muslim, plus of course, to appease the green lobby, none of them shall be able to drive. They will obviously be free to make as many jokes and remarks about white English people as they like so it should be hilarious - or...

...three of their local reporters, picked at random, most of whom seem to have difficulty speaking properly. They would of course have to have their hands tied to their sides to avoid injury to the audience.

Can we start a petition to ban Eastenders on the grounds that it is offensive - to the intellect.

Excellent! One of the funniest posts I've read in a long time (and with which I agree completely).

Come on, tired, old, jaded, knock kneed - woman / manager chucked him - mid fifties and looks mid sixties. He shot himself deliberately, cry for help maybe ?
Time for the new !
-0-

Sponsored Links
Back