Help !!!!!! no registration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last year I had a new boiler fitted. Now this was done by a mate of a mate. The instalation went really well a bit scruffy but ok. The old boiler was in the kitchen and I wanted the new one in the loft, non of this was a problem for him, all is working well. However it terns out that he has no corgi registration. As expected he has gone to ground. My problem is I can't find anyone to sign it off, I would like to sell up, what can I do now.

Sponsored Links
Most people won't sign off someone else's work and for good reason, however thats not to say its not a possibility. If someone were to call me with the same request, I'd want to remove the boiler from the wall to check the bracket fixing, remove, check and refit the flue and bring any non-comformities up to standards and finally carrying out all the commissioning checks. The problem being, is that being an unregistered install, there's a fair chance the gas pipework will be undersized, the condense pipework will be wrong, the system water won't be clean and possibly controls won't meet building regs. All this will need to be sorted before it can be signed off.

Pray!!

Let me guess ... he was cheap

Get about one phone call a month with people asking us to sign off work ... tell them to contact building control

Sorry but i have no sympathy

Sherbert

Pray!!

Let me guess ... he was cheap

Get about one phone call a month with people asking us to sign off work ... tell them to contact building control

Sorry but i have no sympathy

Sherbert

The guy was not looking for sympathy you sherbert dab, he was asking for advice. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
If only the public would check the guys out first, it would save all this heartache.

I'm with Micky, any decent RGI would want to basically re - install it at a considerable cost.

How much cost for a mornings work? (bet he won't tell us)

That people ripping customers off cause people to do illegal work. Simples. :p

I don't rip anybody off 'mate', I give someone a quote and they either accept it or they don't. simple.

So don't go on if they choose to do it themselves then. You are only a glorified plumber yet charge more than GP earns.

£400 a day I must be in the wrong job :eek:

If you can command that wage and achieve it good luck to you I say :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back