Help !!!!!! no registration

Your not making sense, and it sounds like you have a real chip on your shoulder. Get a grip of yourself if you have nothing better to do with your life than coming on here and telling people they are rip off merchants with nothing to back it up.

Sponsored Links
Most of them charge £1500 - £2500 for a combi swap. Takes a day and parts are extra.

Your not making sense, and it sounds like you have a real chip on your shoulder. Get a grip of yourself if you have nothing better to do with your life than coming on here and telling people they are rip off merchants with nothing to back it up.

How much do you charge for a combi swap then? (a days labour).

have not seen u on here for a while joe 90 , where have u been ??

Is there something u want to tell us ? get off your chest so to speak ?

Sponsored Links
In defence of Gasman 77 it is etiquette in my trade to not wish to complete or critique another engineers works.

If called upon to do so then normally a higher charge is involved to really put the guy off having it done. If you get the work for the money you want then it's up to you if you want to put your name to someone else's workmanship.

It's always been this way and always will

Well I charge £400 a day so if it takes a day, £400 + Materials. But this is not a secret, I get asked several times a day what my hourly rate is, day rate etc etc. I have never been out of work at that price, and I'm booked until March.

That blows your £2500 theory out of the water doesn't it joe?

Busy fixing a house up ready for sale. I'm back now. ;)

Last year I had a new boiler fitted. Now this was done by a mate of a mate. The instalation went really well a bit scruffy but ok.

Well all you need to do is to ask your mate for the name and address of his mate! Its that simple.

You then ask him why he did an illegal installation for you and tell him that you are having to get a registered person to reinstall and commission the boiler and compete the paperwork and you need that "mate" to meet the cost.

Tony

It still works out far cheaper to get a mate of a mate do do the job then get someone to charge £200 to re-commission. Saves a good 2 grand. :p

Except I wouldn't undertake that kind of work - it promotes illegal installs and tight arse property developers

Mate-of-a-mate means (in the real world) he did it himself. He only has to pay for materials/boiler plus some mug to sign it off. :p

Busy fixing a house up ready for sale. I'm back now. ;)

yep u are back & might I say that this forum is all the better for it ;)

Trust u did a good job on the house joe ?? no corners cut ;) as they used to say a coat of paint can cover up a multitude of sins ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back