It has escalated..

Sponsored Links
In your opinion, peace is too difficult to obtain, so we won't bother trying
Non sequitur, I never said we won’t bother.

peace is “not too difficult to obtain”, it is impossible.

if you think otherwise, please tell me when Vladimir Putin is going to stop being a brutal dictator and become a warm cuddly caring benign chap.

Yes,but why
Geopolitics

You may argue Houthi only attack ships as a lever to try and stop Israel bombing of Gaza….

but Israel only attacked Gaza because Hamas attacked Israel on Oct 7th and they did so due to being stirred up by Iran and Russia

and Iran are no doubt funding Houthi rebels

Geopolitics

You may argue Houthi only attack ships as a lever to try and stop Israel bombing of Gaza….

but Israel only attacked Gaza because Hamas attacked Israel on Oct 7th and they did so due to being stirred up by Iran and Russia

So, nothing to do with illegal settlements, side deals with the House of Saud and the Petro-states by Israel? Righto.

Sponsored Links
Geopolitics

Yes.

There is no 1 single cause, and everything affects the mess.

Houthis have done this to boost their standing, to amplify their voice.

Israel's actions in Gaza are a useful "in", for this aim.

They are not on some noble quest; they're raison d'etre is conflict, and power.

(Source: Jeremy Bowen on R5L, iirc).

Houthis have done this to boost their standing, to amplify their voice.

Israel's actions in Gaza are a useful "in", for this aim.

They are not on some noble quest; they're raison d'etre is conflict, and power.

(Source: Jeremy Bowen on R5L, iirc).
So the conflict in gaza is behind it. Rightly or wrongly.

Non sequitur, I never said we won’t bother.
peace is “not too difficult to obtain”, it is impossible.
if you think otherwise, please tell me when Vladimir Putin is going to stop being a brutal dictator and become a warm cuddly caring benign chap.
Sorry to disagree with you but you're 100% wrong.

I had the world's top 20 dictators and tyrants on a Teams call yesterday to discuss genuine long lasting world peace. 19 of the 20 have seen the error of their ways and now agree the best way forward is to have a cuddly wuddly world where we all live in peace. They understand this will mean giving their citizens much more freedoms than they currently do, and opening up their country to the world. They also understand it might have an impact on them being able to syphon off millions upon millions, however they're happy to do this if it means lifting many of their citizens out of poverty.

The 20th dictator is going to get back to me, his Teams session froze.

Cuddly wuddly peaceful world here we come ...

The 2006 war against Lebanon
A high-ranking IDF officer told reporters off the record that the Israeli chief of staff Dan Halutz had ordered the air force to destroy ten 12-story buildings in the Southern suburbs of Beirut for every rocket that fell on Haifa. The statement was denied by the IDF spokesperson.[122]

Large parts of the Lebanese civilian infrastructure, however, were destroyed, including 640 kilometres (400 miles) of roads, 73 bridges, and 31 other targets such as Beirut's Rafic Hariri International Airport, ports, water and sewage treatment plants, electrical facilities, 25 fuel stations, 900 commercial structures, up to 350 schools and two hospitals, and 15,000 homes. Some 130,000 more homes were damaged

I believe they were marching in London crying for these pirates to sink the ships.
If that's the case perhaps they need to witness first hand if that's being carried out.
Worlds gone mad I tell you, they can send aircraft to patrol the red sea but do fa to stop some rafts in the channel.

I believe they were marching in London crying for these pirates to sink the ships.
If that's the case perhaps they need to witness first hand if that's being carried out.
Worlds gone mad I tell you, they can send aircraft to patrol the red sea but do fa to stop some rafts in the channel.
If that's true then they're idiots. The ships are most likely carrying goods and/or materials used by us in everyday life.

Oh stop whining.

I never told Germany to buy cheap Russian oil

I never told London financial markets to launder vast amounts of Oligarch money
But you did vote for brexit, did you not? :rolleyes:

Did you not understand that it would cost the UK a hell of a lot of money on top of the social misery you helped cause?

Linky Linky

Strange that you now whine about brexiteers who won't repent :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back