It has escalated..

Sponsored Links
No, they were carried out because of Houthi damaging critical supply routes for the West.
That's the UK and US reasons.
But instead of telling the Houthis that UK and US will stop supporting Israel's genocide of Palestinians, they decided to bomb them.
So they UK and US had a choice ot two options, stop supporting Israel's genocide, or attack the Houthis.

We now know which choice they made.
It was as the Houthis explained, the US and UK support and assistance to Israel's persuit of Genocide of Palestinians.

Non sequitur, I never said we won’t bother.

peace is “not too difficult to obtain”, it is impossible.
A cheap excuse for let's not bother.

if you think otherwise, please tell me when Vladimir Putin is going to stop being a brutal dictator and become a warm cuddly caring benign chap.
I've no idea, why don't we ask him?
But let's not use your aggressive perception carefully crafted by the West.
What motivated his invasion of Ukraine?
I think we're all reasonably well informed. It was his perception of encroachment and encircling of Nato defenses.
And his , and China's concern with the West's hegemony.

Maybe, like Israel provocation of Hamas's attack, maybe the West has intentionally encroached and encircled Russia to provoke a military. confrontation.

Geopolitics

You may argue Houthi only attack ships as a lever to try and stop Israel bombing of Gaza….

but Israel only attacked Gaza because Hamas attacked Israel on Oct 7th and they did so due to being stirred up by Iran and Russia

and Iran are no doubt funding Houthi rebels
:rolleyes:
The decades long conflict did not begin on 7 October, much as Israel wants you to believe it did.

And there's no doubt at all that US and UK are not only funding Israel's genocide of Plaestinians, they're protecting them in the UN.

Sponsored Links
Houthis have done this to boost their standing, to amplify their voice.

Israel's actions in Gaza are a useful "in", for this aim.

They are not on some noble quest; they're raison d'etre is conflict, and power.

(Source: Jeremy Bowen on R5L, iirc).
One reporter's opinion is not fact.

If that's true then they're idiots. The ships are most likely carrying goods and/or materials used by us in everyday life.
The intent is to make them more expensive, and to cost the US and UK vast amounts of money on counter measures.
And they are suceeding.
They have no chance of sinking ships. They might cause some minor damage, but that's about the best they can hope for.

:rolleyes:
The decades long conflict did not begin on 7 October, much as Israel wants you to believe it did.

And there's no doubt at all that US and UK are not only funding Israel's genocide of Plaestinians, they're protecting them in the UN.

The current conflict began on the 7th October after Hamas invaded Israel and murdered about 1200 people.

The BBC has seen and heard evidence of rape, sexual violence and mutilation of women during the 7 October Hamas attacks.
WARNING: CONTAINS EXTREMELY GRAPHIC DESCRIPTIONS OF SEXUAL VIOLENCE AND RAPE
Several people involved in collecting and identifying the bodies of those killed in the attack told us they had seen multiple signs of sexual assault, including broken pelvises, bruises, cuts and tears, and that the victims ranged from children and teenagers to pensioners.
Video testimony of an eyewitness at the Nova music festival, shown to journalists by Israeli police, detailed the gang rape, mutilation and execution of one victim.
Videos of naked and bloodied women filmed by Hamas on the day of the attack, and photographs of bodies taken at the sites afterwards, suggest that women were sexually targeted by their attackers.
Few victims are thought to have survived to tell their own stories.
Their last moments are being pieced together from survivors, body-collectors, morgue staff and footage from the attack sites.

Police have privately shown journalists a single horrific testimony that they filmed of a woman who was at the Nova festival site during the attack.
She describes seeing Hamas fighters gang rape a woman and mutilate her, before the last of her attackers shot her in the head as he continued to rape her.

In the video, the woman known as Witness S mimes the attackers picking up and passing the victim from one to another.
"She was alive," the witness says. "She was bleeding from her back."
She goes on to detail how the men cut off parts of the victim's body during the assault.
"They sliced her breast and threw it on the street," she says. "They were playing with it."
The victim was passed to another man in uniform, she continues.
"He penetrated her, and shot her in the head before he finished. He didn't even pick up his pants; he shoots and ejaculates."
One man we spoke to from the festival site said he heard the "noises and screams of people being murdered, raped, decapitated".
To our question about how he could be sure - without seeing it - that the screams he heard indicated sexual assault rather than other kinds of violence, he said he believed while listening at the time that it could only have been rape.
A statement he made through a support organisation describes it as "inhuman".
"Some women were raped before they were dead, some raped while injured, and some were already dead when the terrorists raped their lifeless bodies," his statement says. "I desperately wanted to help, but there was nothing I could do."

Police say they have "multiple" eye-witness accounts of sexual assault, but wouldn't give any more clarification on how many. When we spoke to them, they hadn't yet interviewed any surviving victims.
Hamas has rejected Israel's accusation that its men sexually assaulted women during the attacks.
Israel's Women's Empowerment Minister, May Golan, told the BBC that a few victims of rape or sexual assault had survived the attacks, and that they were all currently receiving psychiatric treatment.
"But very, very few. The majority were brutally murdered," she said. "They aren't able to talk - not with me, and not to anyone from the government [or] from the media."
Videos filmed by Hamas include footage of one woman, handcuffed and taken hostage with cuts to her arms and a large patch of blood staining the seat of her trousers.
In others, women carried away by the fighters appear to be naked or semi-clothed.
Multiple photographs from the sites after the attack show the bodies of women naked from the waist down, or with their underwear ripped to one side, legs splayed, with signs of trauma to their genitals and legs.
"It really feels like Hamas learned how to weaponise women's bodies from ISIS
[the Islamic State group] in Iraq, from cases in Bosnia," said Dr Cochav Elkayam-Levy, a legal expert at the Davis Institute of International Relations at Hebrew University.
"It brings me chills just to know the details that they knew about what to do to women: cut their organs, mutilate their genitals, rape. It's horrifying to know this."
"I spoke with at least three girls who are now hospitalised for a very hard psychiatric situation because of the rapes they watched," Minister May Golan told me. "They pretended to be dead and they watched it, and heard everything. And they can't deal with it."
Israel's police chief Yaacov Shabtai said that many survivors of the attacks were finding it difficult to talk and that he thought some of them would never testify about what they saw or experienced.
"Eighteen young men and women have been hospitalised in mental health hospitals because they could no longer function," he said.
Others are reportedly suicidal. One of those working with the teams around survivors told the BBC that some had already killed themselves.
Much of the evidence has come from the volunteer body-collectors deployed after the attacks, and those who handled the bodies once they arrived at the Shura army base for identification.
One of the body-collectors volunteering with the religious organisation Zaka described to me signs of torture and mutilation which included, he said, a pregnant woman whose womb had been ripped open before she was killed, and her foetus stabbed while it was inside her.

Maybe, like Israel provocation of Hamas's attack, maybe the West has intentionally encroached and encircled Russia to provoke a military. confrontation.
Both really are civil wars. Some view on that is that these can only ever be solved diplomatically.
Sides of civil wars usually attract attention from other powers.

In the 2 mentioned ones the US and UK clearly don't want a diplomatic solution.

Sponsored Links
Back