The crumbustion chamber?

Sponsored Links
Do you need any qualifications to DIY lpg in a home situation, with bottles or with a tank?

There is no statutory requirement to hold any particular qualifications to do gas work in your own home, whether LP gas or otherwise.

There's no requirement to hold any qualifications to do DIY gas work, only a requirement to be competent. However the health & safety authority only recognise the ACS qualification as proof of competency. So unless a DIY'er has passed his ACS he'd be up in court if anything ever went wrong.

Well I hope you do better diagnostics in there than the general plumbing forum. I often read them - they are hilarious. Absolutely clueless apart from Tony Glazier. I sometimes have to step in to help out you are that bad. :p :p

Sponsored Links
Jo-90 what's with the large chip on your shoulder? You Seem quite bitter about something, is it because your a jack of all trades master on none? :LOL:

Do you need any qualifications to DIY lpg in a home situation, with bottles or with a tank?

There is no statutory requirement to hold any particular qualifications to do gas work in your own home, whether LP gas or otherwise.

There's no requirement to hold any qualifications to do DIY gas work, only a requirement to be competent. However the health & safety authority only recognise the ACS qualification as proof of competency. So unless a DIY'er has passed his ACS he'd be up in court if anything ever went wrong.

Bur not if he is competent and does it right. Nobody has ever been charged with doing it right.

Jo-90 what's with the large chip on your shoulder? You Seem quite bitter about something, is it because your a jack of all trades master on none? :LOL:

No, it's because they rip off pensioners.

Bur not if he is competent and does it right. Nobody has ever been charged with doing it right.

Try reading what i said :rolleyes:

If a DIY'er got something WRONG, how could he then be competent? In the eyes of the law the only way of proving competence in gas work is by passing the ACS examinations.

Are you saying a gas fitter cannot be charged then? :rolleyes:

Are you saying a gas fitter cannot be charged then? :rolleyes:

Nope, but they'd get treated less harshly than an arrogant DIY'er who thinks they know everything and gives little regard to the safety of others. The majority of people prosecuted are DIY or cowboy unregistered tradesmen.

I don't know why people risk it tbh. Granted a few DIY'ers will probably have good knowledge and know what they're doing, but for every 1 that does they'll be 9 that doesn't have a foggiest what they're doing. Why risk the safety of your family for saving a few quid?

They don't say that in the plumbing forum. A DIYer that is incompetent but doesn't realise it is innocent in the eyes of the law. The qualified gas fitter should know better and is jailed.

They don't say that in the plumbing forum. A DIYer that is incompetent but doesn't realise it is innocent in the eyes of the law. The qualified gas fitter should know better and is jailed.

What? How can a DIY'er not realise they're incompetent? If you weren't sure what your doing, which is what would happen with a DIY'er, then clearly your incompetent. Isn't that a bit obvious? I don't know much about cars so i wouldn't try to change my clutch since i'm not competent.

Sponsored Links
Back