Viessmann WB1B 13kw

Sponsored Links
Then you don't need an EV or PRV or filling loop or discharge pipework.

You're filling and venting the CH system via the feed and expansion tank!
Thanks for your response. This is the bit I am slightly confused, my current system has only feeder tank to maintain the water for CH. I don't have expansion tank installed in my existing system.

Sponsored Links
Just confirmed the working pressure at meter for gas boiler from UK should be no problem. Here we use 8" water column pressure = 20mbar

Thanks for your response. This is the bit I am slightly confused, my current system has only feeder tank to maintain the water for CH. I don't have expansion tank installed in my existing system.

Ah! This is why you think you need an expansion vessel!

With an OV system, you don't!

The feeder tank also allows for expansion when the water is heated.

The water level in it will rise and fall with changes to water volume during heating and cooling.

The float valve within it rarely needs to operate at all, if the system is properly set up.

The feeder tank (dedicated for boiler) has no inlet for water to come in. The tank has an outlet at the bottom and a pipe has teed into one of the flow pipe to maintain water level. I keep checking and add water into it manually if the tank is low on water. It gets low occasionally after a month if there is a leak or air in the system.

There is no separate vent pipe from boiler going into the tank (see attached picture). You may laugh at what I have compared to UK standards but I am learning and making improvements based on how much or what I can afford. It is an inefficient system and by installing a condensing I should be able to save on gas. Once CH work out to meet my objective, I plan to put DHW on another heating circuit for my needs.

I always thought there is a non return valve fitted into it and water can only go one way (towards boiler) and it cannot take back water from boiler but I did not understand it. So it is an old school expanson tank with no diagphram inside and water level is maintained due to simple physics.

Attachments

• sketch.png
    sketch.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 34
We're UK installers.
And can only advise on UK standards.
So, you shouldn't be surprised what advice you get, by posting on here!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back