Waste Disposal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
WRT my grand bathroom job :cry: ...

We are disputing the bill and quality of work.

Part of the job was to provide a skip to get rid of the waste.He did not order one big enough, so the rest of the waste he agreed to take in his van.

He is now threatening to bring this residue waste back and dump it on our drive.

Can he do this, or is it illegal?

Sponsored Links
Can he do this, or is it illegal?

Does he have a Waste Carrier Licence? If he does then I reckon it's his problem, end of.

If he doesn't then you possibly both have a problem.

The law says

“(2A) It shall be the duty of the occupier of any domestic property in England to take all such measures available to him as are reasonable in the circumstances to secure that any transfer by him of household waste produced on the property is only to an authorised person or to a person for authorised transport purposes.”

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2005/2900/regulation/2/made

So it's up to you to make sure your waste is transported and disposed of properly. He shouldn't be taking it away without a licence.

But this is missing the point, he quoted to get rid of your waste and that's what he should do. So I suppose if he does return your waste then you need to come to an agreement with him on how to get rid of it again.

No he can't. any attempt to do this would be fly tipping on his part.

It's not fly tipping to return something to the rightful owner.

Besides that, you were WARNED before you employed this bloke that he was a cowboy.

Sponsored Links
That's a very interesting angle joe.

Who WARNED me that he may decide to return my waste, having agreed to take it away?

We all told you he was a cowboy when you started talking about the bathroom. We all said find another bloke. Bet he's a Gypo - and he'll send the boys round if you don't pay up.

We all told you he was a cowboy when you started talking about the bathroom.

By which time I kind of had an inkling myself. But, certainly in the case of the waste, by that time it was too late, so it's pointless arguing about it.

Well stop arguing and admit you got it wrong and ignored all the advice you were given.

Well stop arguing and admit you got it wrong and ignored all the advice you were given.

I would say that given he has taken the waste offsite it is now his resposibility not the homeowner.

Returning it is a seperate act and I would see it as an illegal one.

Disputes go through CCJ's and the due legal process not by threats.

I would discuss whether his threat to return the rubbish to your site if you don't pay what he wants as blackmail which is illegal and I would inform the police.

Why is he sitting with the waste in his van? Would you carry a load of tat around for weeks?

He won't return the waste but might vandalise your car.
Lot's of nasty types out there.

did you pay up? If not you are lucky he didn't undo his work as well, I would have.

Secure, If this is the bloke that did your tiling...... Tell him to go f*ck himself and think himself lucky you didn't kick his ass and report him to rogue traders.

Don't argue with him, just tell him to do what he's gotta do. Then f*ck him afterwards. How you kept so calm after seeing THAT balls up I will never know.

You should post the pictures on this thread to give people a better idea of the background.

If he removed it he would be doing him a favour - it's that bad.

Sponsored Links
Back