Work watching

Sponsored Links
Right here goes, there has been quite a lot of building works to houses around where I live and it is mainly to houses occupied by Asians.
The works are mainly external, brickwork, roofing, rendering etc.

That wouldn't be in Blackburn by any chance, would it?

Nope. In a reasonable area where houses range from £175k to £350k.

Unlike the sh it you get in Blackburn, you mean?

Like these slum areas?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/Blackburn.html

Right here goes, there has been quite a lot of building works to houses around where I live and it is mainly to houses occupied by Asians.

Bit puzzled here... if there is a lot of work going on to houses...surely they would be council property.. then the next statement is the 175-350k ??

Anyhow my local garage is owned by Asians and as soon as you fill up and go in the store they watch your every move and it makes you feel uncomfortable so I now use the Tesco which is a but further away.. and my neighbour has also noticed it and said everyone who enters the shop is watched very closely ... due to this they have lost my business and my neighbour but poss a good few more also

Sponsored Links
Not necessarily, could be a row of terraced houses, for example, where the council are giving out grants to renovate/modernise, I believe they are called 'Envelope Schemes'.

Unlike the sh it you get in Blackburn, you mean?

Like these slum areas?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/Blackburn.html[/QUOTE]

Sorry to disappoint, you but I was just answering somebodies question, I know Blackburn quite well and the affluent areas on the outskirts of the town, by the same token I also know the crappy areas of Cheshire ;)

Sorry to disappoint, you but I was just answering somebodies question, I know Blackburn quite well and the affluent areas on the outskirts of the town, by the same token I also know the crappy areas of Cheshire ;)

Ah right, you were just generalising.

Cr ap areas in Cheshire? Can't be, impossible.

WS, there's an Iraqi lives up Henleaze rd just past Falladon way, he still owes me a weeks wage, Mr Ratti.
DIYisfun, please pop round and clean up after me.
Who says we make it look easy LOL, I'm struggling to tighten the screws on a kitchen sink, I'm not quite as agile as I used to be..

And another thing, once you've haggled on a price with a Chinese, they ask how much you need up front, ie. Is £500 enough. Chinese take away down Mina rd, also kept us going in drinks and food..

This subject has come up before but I am still not sure if they are just genuinely interested or suspicious.

Personally, I can't stand being watched like a hawk when working.

I can well understand that. When we've had workmen in, I've always wanted to watch what they're doing - not to check up on them, but because I'm sure I'd learn some valuable lessons.

However, knowing how they probably feel, I have never bothered to ask them.

Jbr

we did some roof work not far from you last year, the guy was about 80y/o and kept watching from the end of his drive using binoculars. After lunch we moved the ladders to the drive side of the house and carried on. After about half an hour a head pops up above the gutter and there he is, watching. I explained he shouldn't be up here but he insisted. Feeling a bit cautious because if his age I used the 'sorry H&S will have a fit and he cannot be seen on our ladders' etc. he wasn't happy but he went down. 15 minutes later we heard ladders being extended and there he was again, this time on his own ladders. Had a giggle at that one for some time.

Never will I forget him, nor his name and address, a mr Oliver and he lived on Cromwell av :)

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Jbr

we did some roof work not far from you last year, the guy was about 80y/o and kept watching from the end of his drive using binoculars. After lunch we moved the ladders to the drive side of the house and carried on. After about half an hour a head pops up above the gutter and there he is, watching. I explained he shouldn't be up here but he insisted. Feeling a bit cautious because if his age I used the 'sorry H&S will have a fit and he cannot be seen on our ladders' etc. he wasn't happy but he went down. 15 minutes later we heard ladders being extended and there he was again, this time on his own ladders. Had a giggle at that one for some time.

Never will I forget him, nor his name and address, a mr Oliver and he lived on Cromwell av :)

Well it can't have been me. I'm 62 and I don't look a day over 40. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back