£ sign in American keyboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought a nice Viao from america, the keyboard is different.
If I set the UK english keyboard usage, I can get the @ key in right place as well as the £ key, but no ffrontslash key! If I set the american english, I get the \ and @ but no pound sign. Does anyone know how I could replace a ccharacterwith pound sign... a ccharacterlike ^ or ` which I would never use.

I have noted posting re same however did not see a resolution.

Thanks in Advance

Arun

Sponsored Links
Think your gonna have to live with US english and the dollar sign since the code pages for UK English and US English share the hex value (5B) for both pound sign and dollar.

You can setup a key sequence toggle in Regional and Language Options on the Control Panel to hot switch between English and US layouts...this may not be viable if you need to switch regularly.

Sponsored Links
wanleg said:
Think your gonna have to live with US english and the dollar sign since the code pages for UK English and US English share the hex value (5B) for both pound sign and dollar.

So how would they both work on a UK keyboard then?

A US keyboard will have exactly the same functionality as a UK one, you will just have to look for the missing characters.

i beg to differ, when setting up there are differnt keyboard options, one is some thing like usa 102 keyboard where as ours is something like uk 107 keyboard, besides he only asked the month before last, probably got a uk one by now

Back