Advent 9912 shutting down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought an Advent 9912 from PC World, everything appears to work ok but after 10-15 minutes it shuts down and the bottom left of the machine (below the keyboard) is very hot.

I have re-set the sleep times etc to never, so it shouldn't be that causing the machine to shut down.

I can't get back to PC World until next weekend, so i thought someone here might have an idea whats going on ?

There is a button on the machine that looks like a fan, next to the start button, i have pressed it but nothing appears to change :confused:

Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
Well 32 views and no replies, i thought you guys were better than that...

don't matter any more, i have taken it back and swapped for an Acer.

Now some clever sod will reply "Oh, you don't want to do that"

On the contrary,

I work in IT support,

Asus have always been the most reliable laptops we have, always seem to outlast the toshibas, fujitsu's, sonys and macbooks.

We have people who wont let go of their asus, even though they could have a brand new toshiba.

Matt

On the contrary,

I work in IT support,

Asus have always been the most reliable laptops we have, always seem to outlast the toshibas, fujitsu's, sonys and macbooks.

We have people who wont let go of their asus, even though they could have a brand new toshiba.

Matt

Shame he's bought an Acer then........

Sponsored Links
Well, thanks for the vote of confidence in the Acer, i am expecting delivery tomorrow (Tuesday) and will report back here on how i get on with it.

Not overheating and shutting down will be a start :LOL:

Back