“ERG Facilities” scam story

Sponsored Links
Dodgy engineer rather than a reflection on ERG I think. As far as I'm aware they don't have any of their own engineers, they just act as a middle man between customers and engineers local to them. It's also not up to the engineer what ERG charge, although I gather it's not a cheap service. I've done a bit of work for them, seem like a decent company and always pay on time.

I have to admit some times simple faults are hard to find, I remember a Morris Minor car, using far too much fuel, we tried everything, could not work out why, so asked the old lady to take us for a run so we could see if anything she was doing, she pulled out the choke and hung her hand bag on it, she thought that was what it was for.

But pilot flame, how could any repair man fail to light the pilot? In fact how could the user fail to light pilot flame, some thing does not sound right, maybe pilot flame would not stay lit, fault with flame out sensor, but should not be even calling a repair man for that fault.

Some thing missing there?

I have to admit some times simple faults are hard to find, I remember a Morris Minor car, using far too much fuel, we tried everything, could not work out why, so asked the old lady to take us for a run so we could see if anything she was doing, she pulled out the choke and hung her hand bag on it, she thought that was what it was for.

But pilot flame, how could any repair man fail to light the pilot? In fact how could the user fail to light pilot flame, some thing does not sound right, maybe pilot flame would not stay lit, fault with flame out sensor, but should not be even calling a repair man for that fault.

Some thing missing there?
I heard one (back in the 60s) about an Indian guy complaining about poor fuel economy. Garage couldn't find anything wrong so eventually fitter went for a drive with him. He got up into 3rd and tootled along at 25 mph. After looking at the driver for a few minutes out of the corner of his eye the fitter said "How about putting it in top?" "No-no, plenty fast enough for me".

Sponsored Links
I heard one (back in the 60s) about an Indian guy complaining about poor fuel economy. Garage couldn't find anything wrong so eventually fitter went for a drive with him. He got up into 3rd and tootled along at 25 mph. After looking at the driver for a few minutes out of the corner of his eye the fitter said "How about putting it in top?" "No-no, plenty fast enough for me".
I know a Pakistani bloke who has drive like that for the last 30 odd years , he will not be told, lovely old lad but stubborn as a mule

Dodgy engineer rather than a reflection on ERG I think. As far as I'm aware they don't have any of their own engineers, they just act as a middle man between customers and engineers local to them. It's also not up to the engineer what ERG charge, although I gather it's not a cheap service. I've done a bit of work for them, seem like a decent company and always pay on time.

Definitely not my experience stay well away

Have done some contracted Gas boiler work for them.
Do NOT trust this company under any circumstances.
They rip their customers off most unethical company l have ever had the misfortune to come into contact with.

Contractors DO NOT do any work for them you won't get paid. And that is this company's policy NOT to pay you!!!

I did some work for them six months later no payment keep on promising to pay you next week several times.
Finally got fed up filled in and posted small claims court paperwork.
They then paid me within 2 days

Definitely not my experience stay well away

Have done some contracted Gas boiler work for them.
Do NOT trust this company under any circumstances.
They rip their customers off most unethical company l have ever had the misfortune to come into contact with.

Contractors DO NOT do any work for them you won't get paid. And that is this company's policy NOT to pay you!!!

I did some work for them six months later no payment keep on promising to pay you next week several times.
Finally got fed up filled in and posted small claims court paperwork.
They then paid me within 2 days
Sorry to hear that, but I've been working with them for 6 months. Only had one invoice not paid on time, chased it up and they paid the next day.

Those reviews seem to be from customers unhappy with the service they've received, not engineers unhappy with the company?

Well I do know through my experience with them that I was contacted by dozens of trades people that also worked for them and also did not get paid for there work even though they charge the customer before any one walks through the door.
Also told by an employee that it's there policy to rip customers off and not pay the trades that work for them, they also have had very many small claims court cases against them.
If you have a any morals don't work for them.

Charging customers 200 per hour, demanding payment upfront by credit card, ignoring every customer complaint

https://worldwidescams.wordpress.com/2019/06/18/emergency-response-group/

https://twitter.com/paul_tomkins/status/1202937304790294529

Shameful
Just trying to to help trades and homeowners not to getting caught out by them

Please read the reviews on the proper trustpilot site below. and I hope after reading that you would be ashamed to work for them.

On there website they used to have a trustpilot logo starting 5 stars they were forced to take it down now do the same with google reviews.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/erg-plumbing.co.uk
Erg PlumbingReviews
192 • Bad
stars-1.svg

Again though, most of those complaints are about engineers either doing a bad job or not turning up at all. Some reviews are even from people who haven't actually used them at all, they've just had a price they didn't like. That's not really ERG's fault as they have no control over that. Personally I only accept jobs from them that I know I can attend at the time specified, and every single one I've attended has been very happy with my work. I've even had a few ask for me to do additional jobs. They're there primarily as an emergency service, which always commands a premium price, and the people using them have agreed to their prices - if they didn't agree, they would just put the phone down.

Sadly more and more of these scamming barstewards are popping up constantly, I know a girl that works for one and she says that company policy is to double bill all the customers at the end of the month and if they call up say they will investigate, then they call back and say there was an error and the funds will be refunded in six weeks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back