Baxi Solo 3 pfl50 ongoing problems

You have an S plan (hence the 2 valves), so as per @ianmcd, you should have a programmer somewhere. How would you get the hot water to come on?
As far as I can tell the hot water is on permanently (not now it’s broken!) There’s no control switch or programmer anywhere

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
This might be why the pump is continuously running then. I would consider upgrading to a wireless programmable thermostat. Think the issue could be the motorised valves then.

This might be why the pump is continuously running then. I would consider upgrading to a wireless programmable thermostat. Think the issue could be the motorised valves then.
Ok thanks, so nothing I can do to try and get it running now?

The cables from your motorised valves must go to some kind of wiring centre, can you post a pic of that ?

Sponsored Links
The cables from your motorised valves must go to some kind of wiring centre, can you post a pic of that ?
image.jpg

The cables from the two valves go into there and there’s a cable out of the top of that box that goes to the pump..
Only other cabling is an immersion heater which is switched on separately

what a mess, isolate the power, you have 2x grey wires and 2x orange wires, put one of the orange wires into the same terminal as the grey wires, then manually latch the motorised valves to the open position,, turn the power back on and the boiler should come on, you will have heating and HW till you can get someone out , you have to latch the valves into Man though

Everything on the tank is still running…the valves and pump are vibrating and the pump power increases if I turn it up. It’s like it’s just waiting for the boiler to kick in?

what a mess, isolate the power, you have 2x grey wires and 2x orange wires, put one of the orange wires into the same terminal as the grey wires, then manually latch the motorised valves to the open position,, turn the power back on and the boiler should come on, you will have heating and HW till you can get someone out , you have to latch the valves into Man though
Sorry overlapped you’re reply. Will give this a go now thanks and report back

Ok, power is off. There’s only one orange and one grey that I can see. Shall I put them in the same terminal?
The orange is with red and black.
The grey is with reds and white.

Yes join the orange and grey, your system is completely wired like a dogs dinner, needs to be sorted

Yes join the orange and grey, your system is completely wired like a dogs dinner, needs to be sorted
Ok, sorry to be dense but I don’t want to blow anything up, does it matter if I add the grey to the orange, red & black or the orange to the grey, red & white?

Ok, sorry to be dense but I don’t want to blow anything up, does it matter if I add the grey to the orange, red & black or the orange to the grey, red & white?
Try to trace the wiring from the pump, one will be connected in the connector strip, which will be in the same as the Orange or Grey, whichever is connected, this will be the one’s to join together.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back