0800 numbers

Last year we paid off the last of the money we borrowed from the US to help us fight the 1939/1945 war.

Sponsored Links
Sylvan Tieger said:
JohnD said:
or an inability to post on the right thread ;)

Now I can fully understand why the Brit government does not trust their citizens to own fire arms as they can't be trusted as their Government has proven time and time again EH Mate

No more lend lease for you blokes

well at least we trust our soldiers to bear arms and shoot the right target with the minimum of ammunition, rather than shoot our allies

you didn't think it was going to be such a touchy subject, did you?

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
you didn't think it was going to be such a touchy subject, did you?

NEVER mate, I stand corrected

But the Brits still did put a farmer in prision fro protecting his "castle"

well we dont like people shooting people in the back as they run away.

And the Septics didn't put a man in prison for killing his ex-wife and her friend.

Have any of you blokes /mate/ drainers/ plumbers bought sheet lead lately?

Last year I paid 84 cents (pennies) for one pound now it cost $2.87 cents a pound

That's nothing, I paid only 95p for a litre of petrol yesterday.

Tha's about $2 litre which is about $9 per (Imperial) gallon.

Luckily my (large saloon) car does 45 m.p.g. so I only get through £25 ($52) a week.

What do you pay?

JohnD said:
That's nothing, I paid only 95p for a litre of petrol yesterday.

Tha's about $2 litre which is about $9 per (Imperial) gallon.

Luckily my (large saloon) car does 45 m.p.g. so I only get through £25 ($52) a week.

What do you pay?

Under $3.00 per gallon US Gallon not Brittish aand my Vans (Lories) get at best 8 MPG

We have an 0208 **9 9999 ( for emergency boiler repairs ) which we use for our local area.

In adjoining areas we have an 0800 0*8 8008 freefone number. It does not attract many nuisance calls.

Very unfortunately the freefone number is not portable and the provider will not provide smart divert. So we have to tandem it with the 9999 number to give us a smart divert facility.

The 0800 number is very cheap with no fixed charge and a quite low call charge but as its a seriously golden number we dont want to lose it.

Tony

we have used 0800's for 2 years now and being out and about a lot have it transferred to our mobile phones. this costs us about 14p a minute, so if we get anyone selling (advertising is the worst), the first question is which number they called, followed by a quick cut off. From a clients point it gives them a free call, that simple. we spend about 60-100£ per month and would not change back.

Sponsored Links
Back