1.5 kitchen trap reversal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to fit a small dishwasher discreetly in a cupboard under the sink but the trap fitted to my sink means I don;t have the space to do it.

The P trap is fitted under the smaller of the bowls and I'd like to switch it. I can't do it with the current trap that is there else it'll be going up hill so I guess I need to buya new trap.

Can anyone confirm what I want to do? I want to move A to B and vice versa and cut into the waste and maybe fit a flexible waste hose to join at C.

Is this possible and if so what parts do I need?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'd use two HepVo waste valves with elbows and a separate washing machine spigot, keep the sink wastes in place. Should give you loads of room

So here is how it is.....

and this is how I want it

Effectively I need this part to extend the length of this pipe.....can I buy it on its own?

Sponsored Links
Not sure either of the links you've posted will help much, and don't ever EVER use a flexi waste like that, it'll block up, or get damaged and split.

I'd do it like this
IMAG0167.jpg

but add a washing machine spigot http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/med...c8e1078df583a9a5a0fdea56aa29f5/W/M/WMF4_6.jpg in somewhere convenient, in a compression tee

No I meant I can't swap what I have round without the extra extender as it would go up hill from the small bowl (left of pic) to the waste which will be below the main sink (on the right) one I'm done

A space saver waste kit may help.
SSK2_6.jpg

It adds a couple of extra bends, allowing the waste trap to sit flat against the wall at the back of the cabinet, freeing up the space under both sink outlets.
Just trim the horizontal and vertical pipes to suit your requirements.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back