1.5mm spur to double socket

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have what looks like a 1.5mm spur to double socket in a bedroom. Rest of electric cables are 2.5mm. If the cable is rated at 20 amp this should be OK, unless somebody uses a hair dryer and vacuum cleaner and something else in an extension lead, at the same time, on that socket? Or should I start removing floorboards and run a 2.5mm cable?

Sponsored Links
If that what the 32 here means, yes. Otherwise, no idea!

unit.png

Sponsored Links
No idea what that circuit is! I turned all off then tested each to find out what it did, and that appears to be connected to nothing at all.
But there might have been storage heaters in the house once, judging by the storage heater stones found in the garden...

I have what looks like a 1.5mm spur to double socket in a bedroom. Rest of electric cables are 2.5mm. If the cable is rated at 20 amp this should be OK
Indeed
... unless somebody uses a hair dryer and vacuum cleaner and something else in an extension lead, at the same time, on that socket?
Not really an issue, per se. If there's just one double socket, it doesn't make any difference how many things are plugged into that via extension leads, since the plug of an extension lead will, itself have only a 13A fuse in it.

Kind Regards, John

No idea what that circuit is! I turned all off then tested each to find out what it did, and that appears to be connected to nothing at all.
But there might have been storage heaters in the house once, judging by the storage heater stones found in the garden...
Old immersion water heater circuit perhaps?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back